The process by which Non-Title (NT) enrollment detail is communicated to and managed by AHCCCS is changing. This notice is intended to provide further information on how Mercy Care is adapting to the transition and how providers serving NT membership may be impacted.
RBHAs will no longer submit to AHCCCS NT member detail via 834, but will instead utilize an AHCCCS proprietary file layout
- July 25 – Last day Mercy Care will process 834 files submitted by providers.
- The “batch” or “file” option for provider submission of enrollments will no longer be available.
- Providers must submit NT enrollment records online through Provider Intake (available 8/2).
Retirement of the AHCCCS State-Only or “S” ID
- July 31 – AHCCCS will terminate all open NT eligibility segments. Mercy Care will ensure these members remain open in our systems until new eligibility segments are returned from AHCCCS.
- August 1 – Mercy Care will submit new NT eligibility segments effective 8/1 for any members that were termed 7/31.
- While older eligibility segments may be associated with an State-Only or “S” ID, AHCCCS will no longer issue IDs beginning with “S”.
- For members with an existing AHCCCS ID (“A” ID), this ID will be used on all future Medicaid and NT segments.
- Persons without a history of Medicaid coverage will be assigned an AHCCCS ID (“A” ID) if enrolled under NT eligibility.
- There are no changes to pseudo ID (S03129367). The dedicated pseudo ID will remain available for very limited utilization.
Changes to Provider Intake
- While changes will be deployed to Provider Intake the evening of 7/30, Mercy Care asks that providers hold any submissions until 8/02. The suspension of NT enrollments submissions is intended to ensure appropriate transition of NT eligibility from the “S” ID to the “A” ID.
- There are approximately 30 data fields, but only 8 are required for a new enrollment.
- The State Roster will no longer be used to validate enrollment segments and IDs when submitting NT enrollments.
- For Insert/re-enrollments, only the start and stop dates are entered. All other data elements are pre-populated and cannot be changed.
- A Change transaction will allow edits on all available fields.
As always, don't hesitate to contact your Mercy Care Provider Relations Representative with any questions or comments. You can find this notice and all other provider notices on our
Thanks for all you do!