Seeking Volunteer Treasurer
Do you have accounting, bookkeeping, or finance experience? Would you be willing to volunteer your time and expertise to help ensure the long-term sustainability of the Dallin Museum?
We are seeking a treasurer to oversee the financial management of the Museum's nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation. The treasurer is a voting member of the Museum’s Board of Directors. Preferred candidates would have some knowledge of nonprofit accounting practices, tax laws, and fiscal record keeping.
- Reconcile operating account on a monthly basis and review monthly savings account statements.
- Prepare and present monthly reports detailing income, expenditures, and account balances.
- Manage the development the Museum’s annual budget in collaboration with other board directors and the Museum’s administrative director.
- Prepare and present a quarterly report tracking YTD revenues and expenses against the annual budget.
- Provide guidance on best practices for sound financial management.
- Keep the Board of Directors and Municipal Board of Trustees apprised of the Museum's general fiscal health.
- Coordinate with the Museum’s accounting firm on required yearly tax reporting.
- Attend bi-monthly meetings of Board of Directors (typically Mondays at 9:30 am). Can attend via Zoom.
- Attend quarterly meetings of the Municipal Board of Trustees to present a short report on the status of the Museum's finances.
8 hours per month
Have we piqued your interest?
If so, please send a letter of interest and resume to Heather Leavell at
or CDAM, 611 Mass. Ave., Arlington, MA 02474.