Our consultants are happy to help.
That noted, we dedicate this issue of our Sage 100 newsletter to
self-help resources available, when needed.
Getting Help While You Work
Several sources of information are available to you in the Sage 100 software. These include:
- articles and videos that walk you through a variety of product features.
step-by-step guides that answer "how do I?" questions.
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- answers to frequently-asked questions and common problems.
The Help system is useful when you want to learn about procedures for day-to-day processing, see detailed entry samples for fields, or troubleshoot common issues. In addition, you'll find flowcharts illustrating complex concepts.
Accessing the Help System
There are a few ways to launch the built-in help system including:
- From the Desktop, select Help > Help Topics
- Press F1 at any field in the software to access Help for that field (context-sensitive)
- On the Standard Buttons toolbar or bottom-right corner of any window, click the Help Button to access either global or task-specific help topics, respectively.
Once you launch the Help system, the following tools guide you to the information you need:
- access to the table of contents for the Help system, organized by key topics. Note that when you first launch Help, the welcome screen appears and the Contents tab is hidden so you'll need to click the "Show" button at the top to reveal the various tabs and options.
- next to the Contents tab, the Index tab allows you to search for a specific topic by entering related keywords.
A given Help topic may contain procedural information, overview information, or guidance about a particular feature. These can include tutorials, video walkthroughs, examples that illustrate a concept or task, and so much more.