May 6, 2020
Dear Graduates of the Class of 2020 and Families,
We are proud to announce that we will be hosting a NO CONTACT Parking Lot Grad Supply Pick up for Seniors on
Wednesday, May 20th from 9 am until 12 noon
at Trinity High School.
Students (and/or their family) can plan to arrive on campus for a CONTACTLESS pick up of the following senior items (provided that the shipping/manufacturing is not delayed from any of our vendors due to COVID-19):
Keeper Cap and Gown
(Please note that it is our intention, if deemed safe and healthy to host a LIVE commencement ceremony on Saturday, July 25th at 10am on Trinity’s Campus so it will be important that graduates keep their cap and gown in pristine condition for the ceremony). We want to get the caps and gowns to students so that they can take photographs with their families during this special time for graduates.
: Blue and White ‘20 Tassel for all graduates and an additional Gold Tassel for members of the National Honors Society. Tassels are to be worn during commencement on the graduation cap.
All graduates of Trinity High School receive a special alumnae medallion which is to be worn at commencement.
Special Gift from the Mother’s Club
Graduates typically receive a special graduation gift from the Mother’s Club at the Mother Daughter Luncheon, we will be distributing the special gift to seniors at the Parking Lot Pick-Up Event.
Special Gift from the Executive Council
: In lieu of the senior cookout during senior week, the Executive Council is gifting a small token of their pride, love and appreciation of the class of 2020 during the Parking Lot Pick-Up Event.
any student who ordered but did not pay for her Senior wear by Friday, May 8th but has since paid her invoice in full, can pick up her Senior Wear at the Parking Lot Pick-Up Event.
Traffic Patterns and Safety Precautions:
Safety is always our top priority at Trinity High School. In order to ensure that graduates (and their families, if desired) remain safe at all times, we ask that you strictly abide by the following guidelines:
- Students may ONLY be in their personal or family vehicle. Students may not ride or drive in the cars of their classmates. We need to ensure that our families and students follow strict social distancing guidelines during the Parking Lot Pick-Up Event.
- If a family/student walks or uses public transit, we will ask that she/they follow the same traffic pattern described below for vehicles and we ask that all pedestrians wear a mask and maintain a minimum 6 feet of personal space.
- Cars and pedestrians should enter the Trinity parking lot from the Northeast Corner of our campus (located off of Jackson, just south of Berkshire). This is the same access point for the parking lot that we ask students and families to use during morning drop off on a school day.
- You will then proceed west across half of the parking lot until you reach the East wall of the Auditorium, you will then turn South and make your way toward the circle driveway (seniors, this traffic pattern will exactly mirror your Senior Car Wash Traffic Pattern).
- We ask all students to place a 8.5 x 11 inch (standard piece of printer paper or notebook paper) on your dashboard with your LAST NAME boldly printed in marker to help us identify you in the traffic line so that we can expedite distribution of your items.
- Administration and Trinity Personnel (wearing masks and gloves) will greet you in the circle driveway near the picnic benches (between the choral room doors and the blue awning door) to distribute your personal package of available items posted above.
- Students and families are asked to remain in their personal vehicle (if applicable). IT PAINS US NOT TO EMBRACE YOU but we need to prioritize the health and safety of our community!
- After you receive your package, we ask that you slowly and safely exit the Trinity campus, you cannot gather in small groups or clusters in the parking lot.
- Blazers, we need you and/or your driver to DRIVE safely. There are so many distractions so we need to be super vigilant about driving safely and not exceeding 5 miles per hour in the Trinity parking lot at any time.
*** In the event of inclement weather, we may have to institute a Rain Plan with an alternative date for the Parking Lot Pick-Up Event.
Optional DROP OFF
If you or a family member will not be able to pick up your Senior Package at the Parking Lot Pick Up Event, we will arrange a drop off of your items at your home during the week of May 25th.
There are some students who have borrowed or been lent State of Illinois or Trinity High School owned textbooks from Mr. Scorpio in the Blazer Shop. Students who need to return rented texts have received an email from Mrs. Bedell detailing what needs to be returned. Students will not be able to receive their senior package of Graduation Goods if they do not return all of the rented texts.
We will be streaming a broadcast of our Honors Convocation which highlights the academic accomplishments of our students and features a slideshow of each graduate, her scholarship offers and her chosen college (if decided) on
Thursday, May 21st
. The Broadcast will be available as a link to our website to a password protected page (time TBD). All Trinity Students and their families will receive the link and password the week of May 18th. The broadcast is prerecorded and can be watched from the safety of your home at the time of your choosing. Families can share the password and link with their relatives.
: We are proud to announce that on Friday, May 22nd at 6:30 pm, we will be live streaming our Baccalaureate Mass celebrated by Fr. Tom Hurley of Old St. Patrick’s Church in Chicago. Details about how to view the Mass will be forthcoming. The Mass will also feature a Certification of the 2020 Graduates of Trinity High School. This is such a special and safe way for us to honor our graduates at the very same time that we would have been together in our Auditorium for the Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement. We are so grateful for families to be able to join us “live” from their homes in prayer and celebration of the Class of 2020.
We are postponing our Commencement Exercises for the Class of 2020 to Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 10am. Details regarding the number of permitted guests will be shared with families as more information about social distancing and large group gatherings emerges from state and local officials. It is our intention to continue the tradition of inviting alumnae to present diplomas to their daughter and/or granddaughter graduates.
We want you to know that our first choice is to have a live graduation, in our Auditorium, just as every other class has had. If this does not appear to be likely before the end of the summer, there are other options being explored, including individual family graduation by appointment and graduation without an audience, but live streaming the event.
If the state of Illinois allows large gatherings in the summer, we will be hosting our Senior Prom Friday, August 7, 2020 at Cafe la Cave in Des Plaines. We are hopeful that restrictions will be lifted by that time, and if they are not, we will reschedule the event for a time when large gatherings are permitted and during a time when graduates are on break from their colleges/universities. Some schools/districts have already rescheduled Prom for Christmas vacation of 2020, and if need be, we will do that too! We assure you that the incredible fundraising and party planning efforts of the class of 2020 will be put towards a Prom experience for them as long as they remain interested in having one.
Thank you for your continued partnership as we work to find ways to honor the graduates of the class of 2020 in safe and healthy ways!