Jasper County Community Food Bank ..... August 2016 Updates and Happenings
A Call For Volunteers:
Client Services in Warehouse - 1st two Tuesdays and Thursdays of each month. Or just Tuesdays or just Thursdays. 8:45 am - 1:00 pm No special skills necessary except must be mobile enough to fill clients' food boxes and stack shelves.
with vehicle -once a quarter (4 times a year) to tow our trailer for food pick ups. Routes to Macon, Peachtree City or occasionally elsewhere.
(or more) Sponsors- Cost is $150.00 for food purchase in McDonough. ($600.00 + value)
The Fisherman's Harvest:
The Chamber continues to be an easy drop-off point for fresh vegetables, eggs & canned donations, Monday through Saturday. As the summer peaks, we continue to ask that our local gardeners and farmers remember the food bank with any excess produce.
Thank You, Thank You and Thank You Again:
Monticello Presbyterian Church
- for putting meat on the tables of many of our clients with a giving program called: "Meating the Needs of the Community." Thank you MPC, Outreach Committee, and Betty Jean Jordan , chair, for overseeing this wonderful ministry.
Snap'n Turtle and Jackie Pate
- for donating 10% for a Food Bank Sale Day.
- for giving this food bank 2 1/2 pallets of watermelon. Thank you Gayle Gray for bringing us together.
- for sponsoring our wonderful August food pick-up in McDonough.
Church at Monticello
for dedicating a window to collect healthy food donations during Aug. and Sept., and for additional collection points at Monticello Drugs, Chamber of Commerce, and The Monticello News.
American Legion Post 110
- for joining with the JCCFB for The Back to School rally. In addition to school supplies for the students, we handed out Food Bank information to parents.
Dairy Queen of Monticello - for their monthly donation of multiple cases of hamburgers & hot dogs
Food Donation Recommendations for the Coming Months:
Our volunteers recommended the following list:
August: Canned Tuna and Mayonnaise,
September: Cold Cereal,
October: Potted Meats & Crackers
(such as potted ham, Vienna sausage etc.)
Food Bank is open
Tuesday & Thursday 9:00-1:00
2171 Post Road - Monticello, GA