The Memorial Plaza at Chinguacousy Park has been redesigned to honour the Royal Canadian Legion (RCL) Branch 609, and the Air, Army and Sea Cadets. Built circa 1976, it honours those who had given their lives in service during WWI, WWII, the Korean War, and United Nations missions.
- Four art panels bear the logos of the RCL, Air, Army, and Sea Cadets
- The plaza itself symbolizes the three branches of the military (Air, Army and Sea)
- The surface materials represent the Army and Sea through colour selection and patterning that mimics waves
- The linear band that leads the eye up to the Memorial symbolizes the Air as it resembles a landing strip
- There are also inscriptions of the Canadian national anthem and bronze maple leafs that adorn the low walls [more...]