As we come to the end of our second week of classes, I hope our students are establishing productive routines and having success in the virtual environment. We have already begun to receive positive feedback on the work the teachers and students have been doing.
As students become more comfortable with online instruction, we strongly encourage them to make use of the camera during instruction. Doing so provides an enhanced experience for not just the student using the camera, but also for the other students in class as well as the teacher. We continue to ask parents to partner with us to encourage camera usage during instruction as a way of building a positive, collaborative learning space for all.
I look forward to working with our students and their families during the upcoming school year and everything it will bring. Each day I continue to be reminded of how our students, staff and community rise to new challenges particularly as we embark on virtual learning in this rapidly changing environment. Please feel free to contact me at any time. Thinking of you all and looking forward to when we can be together again! Take care and stay well,
Amy A. Meisinger, Ph.D.
Thursday, September 17, 2020 at 5:00 PM
Conestoga High School is pleased to announce that our annual Open House for parents will be held virtually beginning Thursday, September 17 at 5:00pm. Open House provides parents an opportunity to view presentations by each teacher on their child's schedule. Each video will be approximately 8-10 minutes, during which teachers will discuss expectations in the distance learning model, course content, requirements, homework, and grading practices. These videos will be accessible from Thursday, September 17 at 5:00pm through Monday, September 21 at 7:30am.
Parents and guardians who wish to attend will need to have access to Schoology through the parent portal. For your convenience, directions on how to access Schoology through the parent portal are included below.
To Access Curriculum Night Videos:
- Log into http://www.schoology.com with your parent user name and password.
(Logging in on a computer or laptop browser is best.)
- In the top, right corner of the Schoology window, click on the drop-down menu to display your child's name.
- Once you are in your child's view, click Courses in the top banner area and click into your first course.
- You should see a Curriculum Night/Back to School folder near the top of the Materials page.
- Within that folder you will find a video link from the teacher along with any other materials they would like to share.
- Repeat for each course and toggle between the view of each child's for multiple children.
To Create a Schoology Parent Account:
Step 1: Obtain your Child's Access Code
- Log into PowerSchool Parent Portal at https://powerschool.tesd.net/public. This is the same site where you would have recently completed District forms.
- Click on your child's tab (top, left of the site).
- In the center of the landing page, you will see Schoology directions and your child's access code.
- If you have multiple children, click on each child's name to view each access code. You will need each to link to your account.
Step 2: Create a Schoology Parent Account (must create in a computer/laptop Internet browser)
- Visit http://www.schoology.com.
- Click Sign Up on top, right of screen.
- Select Parent.
- Enter your child's access code (just one for multiple children - you will link later).
- Create a user name (email address) and password for the account.
- Log in at http://www.schoology.com with your new credentials.
- To add children to your account after logging in, click the drop-down menu in the top, right of the site and choose +Add Child. Enter each child's access code.
- You may now direct to Curriculum Night videos by following the steps above.
For Further Information Please Contact Mr. Jamie Bankert, Assistant Principal, at (610)-240-1069.
Club Fair 2020
Do you have a student interested in learning more about the clubs and activities offered at Conestoga High School? Please encourage your child(ren) to spend some time at the annual Club Fair, which will take place from September 21 - 25, 2020. Students will have access to a FlipGrid, which highlights the various clubs and activities offered at Conestoga High School. In addition, students will have access to an online club sign-up form in Schoology. All students are encouraged to go to the club fair during a free period or during their lunch. Conestoga offers more than 150 various clubs for students to explore and participate in. During Club Fair week, student representatives from many of the CHS clubs will create short videos to advertise the goals, objectives, and activities that they hope to work on throughout the year. Student Activities provide a wonderful opportunity for students to enrich their high school experience and be connected to something fun and meaningful. Club Fair is the perfect time for students to join or re-join any clubs of interest. We encourage students to explore the clubs and activities at Conestoga High School and build community, whether virtual or in-person.
Administrative and Counselor
College Application Night
Attention all seniors and senior parents!
In lieu of College Application Evening that was scheduled for later this month, we will post a recorded presentation on Wednesday, September 16 at 7pm. You can find it on the Student Services page of the Conestoga website under "Virtual Resources", then under "Seniors". It will remain posted for you to view whenever you are ready.
Additionally, we will be providing a LIVE, virtual question/answer session for parents to ask any questions they have after watching the video. The Q&A session will be a Teams meeting scheduled for Monday, September 21st at 7pm. Again, this will be a live event where parents can ask follow-up questions. To join the meeting on September 21st at 7pm, click here at that time: Meeting
In addition, every counselor will hold a live question/answer session for their specific caseloads during the week of September 21st. Each counselor will communicate the details for their individual caseloads.
Finally, every student will have a one-on-one meeting with their counselor whenever they are ready to do that.
**This program is intended for seniors and their families only as it pertains to the process of applying to college.
National Honor Society Plans Induction
November 4, 2020
The Conestoga Chapter of the National Honor Society will hold its annual induction ceremony on Wednesday, November 4, 2020. As the date approaches we will determine if we will hold induction virtually or in person. As specified by its national charter, NHS members are chosen on the basis of scholarship, service, leadership and character. They participate in various service projects in school and in the community. Students who have completed at least one full semester at CHS by the end of their sophomore or junior year are considered for membership. For the Classes of 2021 and 2022, a cumulative weighted GPA of 4.70 or higher is required for eligibility. Students who have achieved this GPA will receive letters inviting them to complete the activity form/application. Candidates are reviewed by a five member faculty council on the basis of the four factors noted above. Students who meet the criteria of the organization are invited to attend the ceremony and become members of the NHS. Following induction, members of NHS are required to uphold the highest standards of character, leadership, service, and academic achievement. They are also required to attend monthly meetings and participate in service projects. Parents with questions should contact Rachel Reavy, School Counselor, CCT Teacher and NHS Advisor, at email@example.com.
Extended Experience Fall 2020 - COVID 19 PLAN
In an effort to offer students additional opportunities to meet Conestoga's EEPE 30-hour requirement, we have made exceptions to the program for this semester due to COVID-19 limitations. Students are still required to complete 30 hours during the Fall Semester in order to earn credit for the course.
Below are the guidelines to complete the EEPE hours either in an organized activity, gym, dance studio or at home. Please review the information below and select an activity in which you propose to complete the 30-hour requirement for this course. A survey on Schoology must be completed by September 11th in order to have your proposal completed and approved.
Steps for completion of EEPE course:
- Review, with the activities' supervisor, the requirement for the course.
- If the supervisor approves your plan, please complete the survey listed on Schoology under the EEPE course for the Fall semester.
- Once your submission has been completed, and approved, you may begin the activity that you have submitted for approval.
- If your submission is not approved, you will be contacted by email and asked to select an alternative activity.
- Use the attached activity log to keep track of your hours during the semester.
- Once you have completed the required 30-hour total, complete the EEPE Verification Form and submit it with the activity log through Schoology. The Verification Form and Activity Log must be submitted as a PDF on the due date provided.
- The experience will provide supervised instruction / physical activity.
- 30 hours will equal one semester's credit.
- Students will not be approved for more than one EEPE course for the Fall semester.
- Students may not change their EEPE approved activity once it has been approved.
- The EEPE course requirements may be completed at only one site.
- Activities that span the first and second semester are assigned and applied to either the spring or fall semester.
- The following Conestoga Club teams are considered as EEPE: Spring Crew, Squash, Rugby, Ice Hockey. Varsity, JV and JVA sports are considered a "Team Sport", which is a separate course.
- EEPE is NOT A Team Sport. Team Sport is NOT an EEPE. Team Sport and EEPE are two (2) separate courses
- The Application Survey must be submitted through Schoology by September 11th in order to be considered for approval. If the survey is not completed / approved by the assigned due date, senior students will be placed in a physical education class and underclass students will have the course dropped from their schedules.
Exceptions for the Fall Semester only:
- The physical activity may be completed at home and supervised by a parent or guardian.
- Students will be permitted to submit a physical activity for approval that could include: timed running activities, yoga completed in the home, weight lifting in a home gym, etc.
- An EEPE Application Form cannot be submitted. Students must complete the EEPE Fall Semester Approval Survey through Schoology in order to have their supervised activity approved.
A Note from the Attendance Office
- During the 2020-2021 School Year, all Conestoga studentsmust post to their Homeroom Schoology folder no later than 9:30 each morning to register their attendance.
If your child is going to miss school or is going to be late you must:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a written note within 3 days of your child's absence/ lateness with a valid reason.
- If you send a note without a valid reason (listed below), then the absence or lateness will remain unexcused.
- If you email with a valid reason for the absence/lateness before 9:30 a.m. on the day of the absence/lateness, you will not receive phone calls, emails or texts. If you do not send an email before 9:30 a.m. then you can respond to the automated email you receive.
- You do not need to call prior to your child's absence. You only need to send an email or a note for their return.
What to include in your emails/notes:
- FULL NAME OF YOUR CHILD
- VALID REASON (listed below)
If you receive a phone call, email, or text that your child is absent, and you believe it is in error, please contact the attendance office as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com.
Excused Absences and Tardies Reasons:
1. Personal illness
2. Family Emergency
3. Death of a Family Member
4. Medical or Dental Appointments
5. Authorized School Activities
6. Educational Travel with Prior Approval
7. Pre-approved Religious Instruction (limit 36 hours per year)
8. Bona Fide Religious Holiday
9. Tutorial Instruction in a field not offered in the District's curricula
10. Attending Court Hearings related to involvement with the County Children and Youth Agency or Juvenile Probation Office
11. When the student is required to leave school for the purposes of attending court hearings related to their involvement with the county children and youth agency or juvenile probation office
12. If the student is absent due to participation in a project sponsored by an organization that is eligible to apply for a grant under the Pennsylvania Agricultural Fair Act
13. If a student is dismissed from school during school hours for health-related reasons by a certified school nurse, registered nurse, licensed practical nurse or a school administrator or designee employed by the District.
14. For the purpose of obtaining professional health care or therapy service rendered by a licensed practitioner of the healing arts in any state, commonwealth or territory.
15. If a student whose parent or legal guardian has been called to duty for, is on leave from, or is immediately returned from deployment to a combat zone or combat support posting, with regard to school attendance, tests and extra-curricular or co-curricular activities, at the discretion of the Superintendent or designee, no penalties shall be imposed for absences of up to five (5) days.
16. Where the Superintendent has approved an attendance plan necessitated by rare and extraordinary circumstances. In this context, "rare" means typically no more than 1 or 2 per year District-wide and "extraordinary circumstances" means the student is engaged in a profession or activity at a nationally recognized level.
Emergency Card, Registration Form and Media Consent Form
New this year, we are asking parents/guardians to complete three forms virtually instead of on paper:
- Emergency Contact Form
- Registration Form
- Media Consent Form
All three of these forms are available to be completed on the PowerSchool parent portal https://powerschool.tesd.net. Once logged in, please click on "TESD Forms" on the left side of the site.
Conestoga 2020-2021 Parent Directory
To access the Conestoga online directory, you must register, sign-in and confirm your contact information. Remember, our online directory is 'opt-out', so your information is included in the directory unless you indicate that you don't want it to be. You are able to determine what information you'd like others to see and what you don't want shared.
- Click on the Register/Login button.
- If you already have an account with Membership Toolkit you can use the same email and password to login. You can then proceed to the numbered steps below.
- Select "Create Account" and fill in the name, email, and password information.
- Click "verify my email" and then check your email for a link to complete the process. The link expires in 2 hours. If you do not receive the email, check your spam or junk folders.
- Once you have verified your email address, log back in and finish the registration process.
- Complete the Parent/Family and Student Information.
- Complete the Directory/Publish Preferences.
Information in the CHS Directory will be safe and secure and will not be shared or sold to third parties by the District or by Membership Toolkit. Each person using the Directory must agree to a Privacy Statement.
We are once again offering the directory at no cost to parents. And don't forget, you can download the CHS Directory App (from the membership toolkit website) so the information is easily available on your devices.
Any student still needing a textbook should contact Ms. Myers (firstname.lastname@example.org
or 610-240-1048) with name of the course, level of course and teacher. Students will be assigned a day and time for the pickup. Textbooks will be made available, after contacting Ms. Myers, in the main lobby and must be picked up on the day assigned. Any book that has not been collected, will be returned to storage. We ask that students and parents, to honor their assigned pick up time and day for contact tracing purposes.
In order to streamline and provide service for any district laptops that may have hardware/software issues please follow these guidelines:
1. Open any Internet browser.
3. Log in with your network user name (ie. 202ldoej) and password. Do not include @tesdk12.net.
4. Click on Report an Issue in the "I am facing an Issue" box in the middle of the page.
5. Click on the Others tab on the left and click on Student Helpdesk Request.
6. Fill out the required fields (with red asterisks). Include as many details as you can regarding your issue in the Description area. Include screenshots, too!
7. Add request. An IT technician will reply to your ticket
If you have an issue that necessitates an in-house visit we will have an open Helpdesk located in the Main Lobby at CHS to accommodate you. The hours will be 7-9am and 1-3pm Monday thru Friday. You will need to report any issues via the Student Helpdesk Request first.
We are here to make your virtual learning experience the best it can be!
Your Helpdesk Staff
Class Parent Organizations
Class Parent Organizations
Each class at Conestoga has a Parent Chairperson and meets monthly with Administrators and Counselors to get updated on what is happening at school. This is a wonderful opportunity to get information and have questions answered. We will begin with virtual parent meetings this year, links to join the meetings will be emailed to you by the class chairperson.
Class of 2024
First Meeting Date: Tuesday, September 15, 9:30 am
Class of 2023
First Meeting Date: Thursday, September 17, 9:30 am
Class of 2022
First Meeting Date: Tuesday, September 22, 9:30 am
Class of 2021
First Meeting Date: Thursday, September 24, 9:30 am
Attention Class of 2021
Senior portraits for the Class of 2021 FINAL DATES AT CONESTOGA: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 19, 26. THERE WILL BE NO OTHER DATES SCHEDULED.
The yearbook staff does not schedule your appointment.
If you have not had a picture taken during one of the scheduled sessions and would like to appear in the yearbook, you must go to the studio in Bensalem, PA for a session. All pictures must be taken by October 31 in order to appear in the yearbook.
Once your pictures have been taken, the studio will send you proofs. Follow their directions to select a picture for the yearbook.
T&E Care School Meal Assistance Program
Tredyffrin & Easttown Care is a local non-profit that helps families in our community in a variety of ways. Because effective learning is best done on a full stomach, T&E Care supports families in the T/E School District who meet certain income criteria with a school meal assistance program. Families who are approved for free or reduced lunch assistance are not eligible to apply for our program as well. Click here for more details on the acceptance criteria.
If your family could use a little extra help with breakfast and/or lunch assistance and you feel you might fit the criteria explained in the application, please contact your child's counselor for a copy of the application. You can also go to T&E Care's website to download the application (address below). There is no deadline to apply - your child can join this program at any time during the school year. Assuming funds permit, the assistance of $35/mo/student for elementary students, $45/mo/student for middle school students, and $55/mo/student for CHS students will be offered by T&E Care during the 2020/2021 school year.
ARCH invites you to a presentation, Coping During Covid, on September 30th at 7:00pm. Parents will learn coping strategies for managing stress and anxiety, and how to help our children through these uncertain times.
You can access the ARCH presentation on Zoom with the following information: Meeting ID: 814-1207-8386 Passcode: ARCH930
New Inbox to Receive Feedback on TESD
Virtual Instruction Program
TESD has created an inbox to receive comments and feedback on our virtual instruction program. Members of the school community may email comments to email@example.com
. Feedback received through this inbox will be shared with School Board members and members of the TESD administrative team on a weekly basis. Please note: this inbox is designed for feedback on the TESD virtual instruction program. Technical questions regarding virtual instruction should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Specific questions about individual classroom procedures or lessons should be directed to the teacher or school principal.
Show Your School Spirit!
We are looking for photos of TESD students wearing school spirit wear to post on the TESD website. Parents - if you would like to share a photo of your TESD student showing their school spirit, please send a photo to email@example.com. Please identify the child in the photo and include your name and contact information in case we have any questions. The child's name will not be posted with the photo - it is simply to verify the student attends T/E schools.
2020-2021 School District Calendar Information
To provide the most current updated sports information on a given day or changes that may occur regarding adverse weather conditions/cancellations or for some other reason, the Athletic Department has implemented the following for your convenience:
- For updated announcements, please refer to the CHS website. On the top bar-scroll to Athletics then Announcements under the Athletic tab.
Please feel free to contact the Athletic Department at 610-240-1024 with any questions or visit the Athletic Website.
|Back to School Night (Virtual)||9/17/20||5:00pm - 9:00pm||CHS|
|Club Fair (Virtual)||9/21/20 - 9/25/20||CHS|
|NO SCHOOL - Yom Kippur||9/28/20||SCHOOL CLOSED|
Place article copy here. Be sure to make the articles short and concise as people tend not to read much more than a couple of paragraphs. Place article copy here.