Iowa STEM Council Seeks PreK-12 STEM Programs to Scale
For the 2021-2022 academic year, the Iowa Governor's STEM Advisory Council is seeking program providers for the Iowa STEM Scale-Up Program. If your organization is interested in providing STEM programming in Iowa, and would like additional information, please visit the Provider STEM Scale-Up
Summary of important dates and deadlines:
- September 11, 2020: Webinar for interested STEM program providers.
- October 5, 2020: Proposal submission DEADLINE.
- October 6 - December 6, 2020: Review period.
- December 7, 2020: Proposers notified.
- January 2021: Selected Program Providers collaborate with STEM Council network administrators to prepare materials for the educator application phase.
- February - April 2021: Programs marketed to Iowa educators.
- April 2021: Regional STEM Advisory Boards determine awardee educators.
- May 2021: Program Providers introduced to awarded educators to begin planning.
- Summer 2021: Training, professional development in preparation for program implementation academic year 2021-2022.
STEM programs that serve PreK-12 grade audiences in or out of school with the capacity to deliver professional development/ training and materials in Iowa are eligible for the STEM Scale-Up Program. Professional development/training is appropriate for Iowa STEM Scale-Up Programs when preparing an educator to implement a student kit, curriculum, activity, lesson or new course of study in STEM.
Programs that were selected for Iowa Scale-Up for the 2020-2021, or in past years, must submit a new proposal to be considered for 2021-2022 Scale-Up eligibility.
To Apply For The STEM Scale-Up Program
Request For Proposal (RFP)