Dear Wonderful Students, Parents, Families, and Friends,
We are overjoyed to announce our upcoming Student Recital weekend live performance opportunity on September 25, 26, and 27 allowing participation either in-person or virtually via Zoom!! The 14 Student Recitals, on Friday: 5pm, 7pm and Saturday/Sunday: 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm, give your family the flexibility and the convenience to be able to attend and participate in any of the above Recital times.
Sign-Up for Recitals and Recital Prep Classes on Eventbrite
- Sign up on Eventbrite or on our Website (Links)
- Student Recital Sign-Up starts on Tuesday August 18 at 10AM
- Student Recital Sign-Up ends on Thursday September 10 at 11:59PM
- If you are presenting two different instrument studies (ex. piano and voice) please sign up for two performance spots
- NEW - Because we are assigning individual stage times for Recital Prep Classes, we are offering multiple, A or B Recital Prep Class options for specific Faculty with large number of students. Make sure to choose Recital Prep Class A or B, if applicable when signing-up.
- Please note, attendance at your teacher's Recital Prep Class is a prerequisite for all students to be able to perform at the upcoming September 25-27 Student Recitals whether participating in-person or via Zoom.
- You will be receiving your Recital Prep individual stage time or Zoom time minimum 48 hours before your scheduled time.
- We are prepared to manage waiting lists for each of our Student Recitals as needed, so please do not get discouraged if your desired Student Recital time fills up. If you need any help with scheduling regarding any of these two events, please call us at (330) 915-4912 or email respond to us at your earliest convenience. We are here to help and to make the September 25-27 Student Recitals the greatest Recital experience for you and your family at ASM!
In-Person or Zoom (virtual) Participation
The Aurora School of Music fully supports all of our parents' decisions about whether attending our Recital Prep Class/Student Recital event in-person or via Zoom. Please note that Recital Prep Class via Zoom only qualifies you for Zoom Student Recital participation. Similarly in-person Recital Prep Class qualifies you for only in-person Student Recital participation. Please keep in mind that cross participation from Zoom to in-person and vise versa is NOT possible.
- In-Person Participation
- For social distancing purposes, we will assign specific stage times within your teacher's Recital Prep Class. Please do not miss your individual Recital Prep time, because we cannot guarantee any make-ups. Individualized Recital prep stage times prevent students and parents waiting in the Concert Hall for any extended period of time. Parents and/or guardians are welcome to accompany students at their individual Recital Prep Class times.
- Please note: at each of our Student Recitals our in-person participants are limited to be accompanied by only their immediate family - the same household.
- We are going to email you our ASM/Covid-19 Waiver latest by September 10th, which we will need to be signed and returned to us latest at your arrival to your individual Recital Prep time. Please note: without the signed ASM/Covid-19 Waiver, in-person participation at any Recital Prep Class or Student Recital is not possible.
- Zoom Participation
- A Zoom ID will be provided for the Concert Hall.
- For your Recital Prep Class, once you sign in, you will enter the "waiting room" until you are admitted in the "Concert Hall" at your assigned time.
- At your Student Recital time, all performers will be joining the virtual room together and will enjoy each other's performances. Please stay logged in for the full duration of your Student Recital for the outstanding student award ceremony and the "tutti" final bow.
- At Student Recitals our Zoom participants will be projected live in our Concert Hall on the giant screen and via our AV speakers for our audience to enjoy.
- Audio sound checks and Video adjustments will be performed during your individually assigned Recital Prep Class Zoom time. Parents of younger performers (under the age 13) are encouraged and their assistance is much needed with the process of the perfect performance set-up.
- We recommend using a Bluetooth speaker for playing the accompaniment to ensure it can be heard clearly along with your solo instrument/voice.
- Please be on time - if you miss your assigned Recital Prep Zoom time, we cannot guarantee make-ups.
COVID-19 Safety for In-Person Performers and Audience
- The Concert Hall will be set up to reproduce the outdoors as much as possible - all five of the Concert Hall's doors will be open to the outside.
- IQAir MultiGas HEPA air purifying systems combined with an aerosol treatment in our Concert Hall will provide the safest possible environment for our students and families.
- Please practice social distancing, staying at least 6 feet (about 2 arms' length) from those who are not from your household while at ASM.
- We follow the Ohio Government mandate for face coverings for all in-person participants and audience members. However, you will still be allowed to attend and participate if a medical condition prevents you from wearing a mask.
Please do not hesitate to reach out about any questions or concerns at any time. We are here to make your Recital Prep Class and Student Recital weekend experience the most fun, joyous to be remembered by all.
Love, health and happiness to all of you and your wonderful families,
Ms.Vera and ASM Team
September 25-27 Student Recital Prep Faculty Schedule
|Ms. Abbey McLaughlin||violin||Mon||14-Sep|| ||4:00pm - 6:00pm|
|Mr. Alex Glaubitz||cello||Tue||15-Sep|| ||4:00pm - 5:30pm|
|Ms. Ana Nedelcu||piano||Sat||12-Sep|| ||10:00am-12:00pm|
|Mr. Bryan Thomas||bass||Mon||14-Sep|| ||8:30pm - 9:00pm|
|Ms. Carla/Stephanie C.||flute||Mon||14-Sep|| ||6:30pm - 7:30pm|
|Mr. Charlie Trenta||guitar||Wed||16-Sep|| ||8:30pm - 9:00pm|
|Mr. Daniel Spearman||jazz piano||Wed||16-Sep|| ||8:00pm - 8:30pm|
|Mr. Dave McHenry||guitar||Wed||16-Sep|| ||4:30pm - 5:00pm|
|Ms. Emilie Hsu (A)||piano||Sat||19-Sep|| ||11:00am-12:30pm|
|Ms. Emilie Hsu (B)||piano||Mon||21-Sep|| ||5:30pm - 6:00pm|
|Mr. Garrett Folger||trumpet||Sun||13-Sep|| ||2:00pm -3:00pm|
|Ms. Hannah Flower (A)||voice||Sat||19-Sep|| ||4:15pm - 6:00pm|
|Ms. Hannah Flower (B)||voice||Tue||22-Sep|| ||6:00pm - 7:45pm|
|Ms. Jenny Magistrelli||clarinet||Mon||21-Sep|| ||4:00pm - 5:30pm|
|Ms. Jessica Schmidt||violin||Wed||16-Sep|| ||5:00pm - 6:00pm|
|Mr. Jingfu Peng||piano||Sat||12-Sep|| ||1:30pm - 3:30pm|
|Ms. Kailyn Martino (A)||voice||Sun||13-Sep|| ||4:00pm - 5:30pm|
|Ms. Kailyn Martino (B)||voice||Thu||17-Sep|| ||7:30pm - 9:00pm|
|Ms. Kathleen Monroe||cello||Sat||19-Sep|| ||9:30am - 11:00am|
|Ms. Kathy Stockm.||bassoon||Thu||17-Sep|| ||6:00pm - 6:30pm|
|Ms. Kelsey Ferguson||violin||Sat||17-Sep|| ||5:15pm - 6:00pm|
|Ms. Lisa Fink||horn||Sun||13-Sep|| ||12:30pm -1:00pm|
|Mr. Marty Neubert||oboe||Tue||15-Sep|| ||5:45pm - 6:30pm|
|Mr. Max Brady||trombone||Sun||13-Sep|| ||1:00pm - 1:30pm|
|Ms. Natalie Butchko||voice||Fri||18-Sep|| ||6:00pm - 8:00pm|
|Mr. Neal Chiprean||tuba||Wed||16-Sep|| ||6:00pm - 6:45pm|
|Mr. Peter Ayuso||viola||Tue||15-Sep|| ||6:30pm - 7:30pm|
|Ms. Rachel Balko (A)||voice||Fri||18-Sep|| ||4:00pm - 5:30pm|
|Ms. Rachel Balko (B)||voice||Mon||21-Sep|| ||7:30pm - 9:00pm|
|Ms. Ruth Logan||piano||Sun||20-Sep|| ||12:00pm -2:00pm|
|Ms. Sarah Brosvic (A)||piano||Sun||20-Sep|| ||4:30pm - 6:00pm|
|Ms. Sarah Brosvic (B)||piano||Tue||22-Sep|| ||4:00pm - 5:30pm|
|Ms. Sarah Miracle||saxophone||Thu||17-Sep|| ||4:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Mr. Sijia Wang (A)||piano||Sat||19-Sep|| ||2:30pm - 4:00pm|
|Mr. Sijia Wang (B)||piano||Mon||21-Sep|| ||6:00pm - 7:30pm|
|Mr. Stephen Klunk||percussion||Mon||14-Sep|| ||8:00pm - 8:30pm|
|Ms. Sunny Tabler||percussion||Sun||13-Sep|| ||6:00pm - 6:30pm|
|Mr. Tom Ray||guitar||Sat||19-Sep|| ||1:00pm - 2:00pm|
|Ms. Vera H.-Waroquet||piano||Sat||12-Sep|| ||5:00pm - 7:00pm|
|Mr. Will Hamilton||piano||Sun||20-Sep|| ||2:00pm - 4:00pm|