Elaine believes that transportation is more than a means to move people farther and faster. Our mission is to connect people experiencing homelessness and those who are underserved (e.g., low income, uninsured, older adults) to social and community resources vital to an individual's health and wellbeing. By providing empathetic and reliable transportation, we reduce barriers to the Social Determinants of Health, by increasing access to:
1) Healthcare – medical appointments, prescription refills
2) Food – grocery store, food boxes
3) Employment – interviews, day jobs
4) Housing – interviews, lease signings
5) Criminal Justice – court, case management appointments
6) Economic Opportunity – Department of Economic Security (DES), bank visits
7) Educational Opportunity – parenting, financial literacy courses
8) Social/Cultural Cohesion – community centers, support groups
9) Necessary Errands – Mobile phone providers, laundromat, etc.
Elaine currently has two vehicles that provide services within a 15-mile radius of the Human Services Campus, as well as one vehicle dedicated to serving the residents of the City of Scottsdale. So far this year, Elaine has provided over 3,000 rides, and is on track to serve over 500 unique individuals through 2021. And as a direct result of utilizing Elaine, 26 clients are no longer experiencing homelessness!
We are thankful to be part of such a wonderful collaborative effort to end homelessness, and look forward to increasing our impact as we continue to grow. For more information, please visit elaineaz.org.