Every September, the Charlestown Coalition puts on a number of events to commemorate Recovery Month, raising awareness for mental health and substance use disorders and celebrating those in recovery. The Charlestown Turn It Around youth held the 4th Annual Turn It Around BBQ to kick off this year's events.
For the past three years, the TIA kids have held this event at the Eden Street Park with great success. This year, in an effort to gather even more youth and families, we partnered with BCYF and Charlestown Youth Football/Cheering to host the event at the Charlestown High Football Field. The TIA kids worked tirelessly, manning the grill and working the bake sale and resource tables.
Community members visited over fifteen resource tables and collected information on various supports and services offered in the Charlestown Community. It was our biggest turnout yet!
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the organizations whose support helped to make this year's BBQ a great success:
- MGH Charlestown HealthCare Center
- Gavin Foundation
- Malden Overcoming Addiction
- Harborview Health Club
- The Charlestown Working Theatre
- The Dignity Institute
- First Church Charlestown
- MOAR - Massachusetts for Addiction Recovery
- New Health Charlestown
- Charlestown Boys & Girl Club
- National Guard
- Banyan Treatment Center
- St Mary's/St. Catherine's - Harvest on Vine
- The Kennedy Center
- Charlestown Youth Football/Cheering
- Greater Boston Legal Services
- Boston Municipal Court - Charlestown