Olive Oil Cake
Makes 8-10 servings
Serve alone or with fresh figs and honey.
3 large eggs
1⅓ cup plus ¼ cup granulated sugar
1 small orange, diced (including peel and pulp, seeds removed)
⅔ cup olive oil
¼ cup plus 2¼ teaspoons vin santo or brandy
¼ cup plus 2¼ teaspoons water
2¾ cups all-purpose flour
1½ tablespoons baking powder
3 tablespoons raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and 1⅓ cup sugar.
3. Combine orange, oil, vin santo, and water. Beat into egg mixture.
4. Combine the flour and baking powder. Incorporate into batter a little at a time until well-blended.
5. Pour into a 10-inch cake pan, sprinkle with raisins, level batter and cover raisins so they won’t burn. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake for 40 minutes.