Our Diversity Goals
AZA United's new Diversity Committee recently launched with several initiatives based on feedback that we received from community members. As an organization that was born with the objective to help all families, we strive every day to be inclusive, accessible and sensitive to the needs of our community, especially those that are undeserved. Staff members from many departments in the organization have joined our committee to be involved with making changes and enhancing our community impact. We would like to take this opportunity to share the mission and goals of our Diversity Committee with our stakeholders.
To collaborate with all departments to ensure that our organization’s overall practices are inclusive, diverse, equitable and accessible for all.
Goals of the Diversity Committee:
- Create a new and improved internal diversity and cultural sensitivity training for all AZA employees.
- In collaboration with all AZA teammates involved in the hiring and retention process, identify activities that will result in finding diverse candidates for all positions.
- In collaboration with client families, community partners our clinical service teams, identify activities that will result in providing more services to diverse underserved populations.
- Create content to include in our communication channels to engage a diverse audience.
- Serve as a liaison for families, employees, and community members to discuss and accomplish new diversity initiatives as an organization.
We look forward to providing more updates as the committee makes progress toward each goal. Please contact us if you have any resources or ideas to share!