Hello to you all,
I am excited to welcome you back to what is YTC’s 50th Year in the tennis industry. Yes, tennis has been played on our six courts for FIFTY years! I can’t begin to fathom the volume of players, coaches, and staff who have played a vital role to the success of our facility. The most important thing that sticks out to me are the friendships created on the court. It has, currently is, and will always be about the relationships we build on the courts. We will continue to push each other to greater heights whilst enjoying a game with people who take me away from the intensity of my day to day world.
That being said, we have planned what we think is an exciting, flexible Adult & Junior Clinic Schedule based on the volatility of day to day activities. As we all readjust to new routines, online/hybrid schooling or working from home, we have decided that the month of September will be “No-Strings September”. Simply put, look up the time of class availability, sign up, play. Play once… or three times a week. 😉
October will be a committed four-week session. In late September/early October, we will gauge where we are in the world and rollout out our Nov/Dec Clinic offerings.
We implemented programming and staffing changes in the summer that were very successful:
· Our Adult Program will now service those who are age 16 or older. The Junior Program will be for those 15 years and younger.
· On court, we have added three coaches to a teaching staff that is very talented. Coaches Santos De Aza, Thane Schweyer & Mark Gitleson bring in a great perspective as well as unbridled enthusiasm for the game of tennis.
· Administratively, we welcome Kathy Galante as our new Programming Coordinator. She will be helping you sign up and get situated in your classes. KJ has been at YTC for the past 25 seasons and has come to know most (if not all) of you individually. She can be contacted via email at: email@example.com
Our motto for the 2020 is simple – “Learning never stops at YTC”. Whether you are an adult or kid, you will leave YTC with the following:
Love for the game
- Confidence in your ability to execute
- Accountability to yourself, your teammates and your coaching staff
- A tough physical and mental skills workout
- A high 5 (on in this new age, a wi-five) from all you have worked with
The entire staff looks forward to seeing you back in our building. We have taken every step necessary to ensure that you have a safe, fun, and challenging experience. To see more about our club protocols, hours of operations or any other questions you may have, please visit our website https://www.yonkerstennis.com or become part of our Social Media community @YonkersTennis on Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for having been and continuing to be part of this club success. We do not ever take you for granted.
Director of Tennis