One of the best ways to connect as Great Lakes District Pastors' Wives is to gather at our 2018 GLD Conference. If you haven't signed up yet, there is still time to hear Jill and Stuart Briscoe on Oct. 8-9, Monday and Tuesday, at our Maywood EFC in Rockford, IL. Jill Briscoe will lead our pastors' wives in a two-part Monday afternoon session and speak at our Women's Dinner. Here is the link to more conference details
that you need to fill out individually to attend the conference, Pastors' Wives seminar, and Women's Dinner. Join us!!
Our prayer theme for September and October is focused on our Proverbs 31 Rooted Woman of Valor's Fruit of Her Character in Her Spirit, Her Mouth and Her Eyes (pg. 34-37 in our book)
Here are the previous prayer links for your reference.
Fruit of Her Character
In Her Spirit
the Fruit of Strength and Dignity
Strength and dignity are her clothing,
and she laughs at the time to come.(31:25)
for each other:
1. To be women of valor who are known for our beautiful spirit that glows with strength and dignity.
2. To draw from the inner reservoir that Christ provides to fill us with a hopeful and joyful attitude toward the future.
Psalm 112:7 says, "She is not afraid of bad news; her heart is firm, trusting in the Lord."
3. Pray for our clothing of strength and dignity to provide:
- Ability to endure
- Boldness and determination
- Courage as we face challenges fearlessly
4. Pray for each other's Dignity to grow to be:
- Distinguished by deed and action
- Excellence in character
- Full of moral force and commitment to what is right
In Her Mouth
the Fruit of Wisdom & Kindness
She opens her mouth with wisdom,
and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. (31:26)
Prayer Focus for each other:
1. That as a woman of valor our spirit's strength and dignity will be carried into the realm of our speech.
2. That we will remove ourselves from idle talk, gossip, or slander, and use our mouth to provide sentences of wisdom and kindness.
3.That we will internalize God's Word and wisdom to impart to others as, "one who seeks to cultivate a buoyant, joyous sense of the 'crowded kindnesses of God' in their daily life."
In Her Eyes
the Fruit of Spiritual Discernment
She looks well to the ways of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness. (31:27)
Prayer Focus for each other:
1. As women of valor to care about the actions and attitudes of ourselves, as well as our family.
2. To work and play with eyes of spiritual discernment to encourage good and restrain evil.
3. To make the realms of spiritual, emotional, physical, and mental training a top priority for our families. To take the time to seek wisdom on how to best input for each age.
- Keep a journal of specific ways the Lord speaks to you as you pray and live out these Scriptures.
- Read books, articles, podcast, etc. that speak to the development of your family.
As we pray to build into our family's lives, below are a couple of books for 0-5 yrs and adult children. I'd love to hear from each of you by an my email below of what are your top resources for 0-5 yrs, elementary, junior and senior high school.
My favorites for 0-5yrs:
Praying for each of you,
Jan Thompson and the GLD Pastors' Wives' Team