Volume 24 * Issue 11 * November 15, 2018
Stronger together... we lift each other up. We are
And let us consider how to lift up one another, to love and good works
- Hebrews 10:24
A MESSAGE FROM PRESIDENT TRUDELL
Christmas Concerts - Our Special Gifts of the Season!
Each year I await, with great anticipation, the wonderful Advent Season when our beautiful, spirited children are able to provide their parents and other family members with this 'Special Gift of the Season'.
This year's Christmas performances will all be held in the Student Activity Center on the following dates:
- Grades 2-4 - Thursday, December 6 at 7:00 p.m.
- Grades 5-8 - Tuesday, December 11 at 7:00 p.m.
- TK, Kindergarten, and Grade 1 - Friday, December 14 at 10:00 a.m.
- Preschool - Wednesday, December 19 at 10:00 a.m.
All students Preschool through Grade 8 should wear their Christmas best!
We ask that you please abide by the SJSC uniform dress code.
- Nice dresses, skirts, or dress pants for girls
- Nice pants and dress shirts for boys; ties are optional
- Christmas accessories should be kept to a minimum
- No shorts, jeans, leggings, or open-toe shoes
Please look for detailed information regarding arrival times and parking for the all of the concerts in the November 29th SerraDIPITY.
Annie Jr. Congratulations!
Our wonderfully talented students from grades one through eight took the stage last weekend for three performances of Annie Jr. Family, friends and SJSC staff enjoyed watching students work together to dance, sing, and act out this heartwarming holiday musical!
The show was a huge hit, due in large part to the hard work and guidance of Music Teacher/Director
Mrs. Janess Sifers, along with staff members, parent volunteers, and most importantly our very talented SJSC students. The performances by all students involved brought a huge smile to all who watched and left them feeling hopeful for "Tomorrow."
Below is a highlight video from the Dress Rehearsal which the SJSC faculty and staff had the pleasure of viewing last week.
|Annie Jr Highlights Video
November 12 Annual Fund Email Correction
Current educational costs cover approximately 85% of the cost to educate your child. The remainder is provided through generous donations from our families and friends through short-term fundraising; not Annual Fund. Our apologies for the confusion.
For an explanation on how our fundraising efforts make a difference please see the LETTER I sent out yesterday.
Christmas Card Fundraising Opportunity
Thanksgiving Break is upon us - what a great time to get your Christmas Cards out. Please don't forget to use
and help support SJSC. Use discount code
Make Your Dollars Work for You When Holiday Shopping
Reduce Your Educational Costs with the Scrip Rebate Program
It's the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas is only 5 weeks away, but let's not forget about Thanksgiving, a time to count our blessings and relax with family and friends. Of course, this also means Black Friday, Cyber Monday and holiday shopping are all just around the corner! Why not put your money to work, reducing your educational costs and earning a tax-deductible donation by using the SJSC Scrip Rebate Program while doing your holiday shopping!
Maximize your earning potential during the holiday season and join the 200 participating families who have raised over $16,000 collectively so far this year toward their Educational Costs, and donated an equal amount to SJSC. Our online programs offer virtual cards that you can order on your computer or through a virtual wallet on your phone, so even if you didn't plan a head and purchase physical cards, you can still get your rebates! Virtual Cards are available both on
. You can even shop from the convenience of home!
Set up your online accounts and ask Grandpa, Grandma, Aunts and Uncles, friends and neighbors to do the same to help you save! Make it a family affair!
Here are just
a few examples of the percentages earned at some of our vendors:
- Macy's - up to 10%
- Nordstrom - up to 6%
- Target - up to 2.5%
- Barnes & Noble - up to 8%
- Amazon - up to 2.5%
And don't forget to stop for lunch or dinner; or maybe you are travelling over the holidays:
- Chipotle - up to 10%
- Panera - up to 8%
- CPK - up to 8%
- Starbucks - up to 7%
- Hotels.com - up to 6%
- American Airlines - up to 6%
Your account not set up yet? Don't waste another minute. Contact your Rebate Program Coordinator, Tina Maroutian at
or call her at (949)888-1990 ext. 121.
Keeping Everyone Safe During Morning and Afternoon Traffic
We would like to remind everyone that not only is it illegal to block an intersection, it is ALSO VERY DANGEROUS! It has been brought to our attention by some concerned parents that cars are pulling into the intersection on a green light even though the flow of traffic in front of the PEB has stopped and then they are getting stuck in the intersection when the light turns red. In their haste to clear the intersection, they are aggressively cutting off the cars making the right hand turn from Antonio onto Banderas very nearly causing accidents. Please DO NOT proceed into the intersection until you are certain that the traffic line is moving and that you will be able to clear the intersection before the light changes. Everyone's time is valuable. Let's continue to each do our part in helping to keep everyone safe!
Please watch for a special Thanksgiving email from me tomorrow, Friday, November 16.
God is Good All the Time...
All the Time God is Good.
Mrs. Angeline Trudell
SAVE THE DATE - FAMILY STEAM NIGHT
March 12, 2019
You and your family are invited to FAMILY STEAM NIGHT at St. Junipero Serra Catholic School on Tuesday, March 1
from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
This year's Family STEAM Night theme is ENVIRONMENT.
This will be a free, family, fun-filled evening for all. More information to follow.
SANTA GRAMS ARE HERE!
Student Leadership will be selling Santa Grams, Monday, November 26 - Friday, December 7.
CLICK HERE for the Order Form. Please turn in your orders to the School Office with attention to "Santa Grams". Payment must be enclosed with your completed forms.
- Santa Grams are $1 each and include a peppermint candy cane as well as a personalized message. If you do not wish to give candy, and would like to give a pencil instead, please indicate "Pencil" on the back of your order form.
- You may pay with cash or check payable to St. Junipero Serra Catholic
- Santa Grams will be delivered to classrooms the week of December 17. We cannot accommodate individual requests for delivery dates/times.
Thank you for your support!
SANTA'S SECRET CHRISTMAS SHOP
Money Envelopes Are Due TOMORROW!
- Reminder: Please note that completed Santa's Secret Christmas Shop Money Envelopes, with payment enclosed, are due to your child's homeroom teacher tomorrow, Friday, November 16
- Santa's Helpers Needed! If you are interested in volunteering in the Christmas Shop, please sign up here: GENERAL, GIFT WRAP, FLOATERS. To volunteer as a Cashier, CLICK HERE
- Shopping Schedule: The Class Shopping Schedule is located in the PARENTS ONLY password-protected area of the St. Serra web site. The schedule is located within the PTO News and Information section.
- Questions? Please contact our 2018 Santa's Secret Christmas Shop Event Chairs Joan Baird and Heather Boyajian at email@example.com
THE ADOPT-A-FAMILY ADVENT PROGRAM IS HERE!
Help Bring JOY Into The Lives Of Others
For more than 17 years, our Adopt-A-Family Advent Program has provided a JOY-filled Christmas to over 40 families each year. Please help us as we strive to provide a bit of joy into the lives of those less fortunate. Let's put our faith in action and make Christmas 2018 the best ever!
- Wrapped gifts and gift cards are due to the classroom by Monday, December 10. Please refer to the special Room Parent email which was sent out this past Wednesday with family assignment and additional information.
- Please contact Carol Lawson with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Whatever measure you use to give - large or small - will be used to measure what is given back to you." ~ Luke 6:38
ANNUAL FUND IS FULL STEAM AHEAD
Help Support the SMARTLABS!
What wonderful creative learning opportunities our students have in the Creativity Labs, and it's because of YOUR support. Thank you to the 126 families who have given to this year's Annual Fund so far.
Our class competition is off and running! Look at the Sunday Parent Email on December 2, 2018 for your grade level participation level.
We NEED YOUR HELP toward our goal of 100% participation.
Thank you in advance for your generosity. Your participation and support are greatly appreciated!
TUITION ASSISTANCE LUNCHEON
Sunday, January 27, 2019
Plans are underway for January's Tuition Assistance Luncheon! Reservations are coming in, hostesses are planning their tables,
and the committee is working on every detail to ensure you enjoy this very special day.
Help us make this event a success:
- Register - It may be a few months away, but take advantage of the Early Bird pricing! Reserve your seat at the low price of $75 before registration goes up to $90. Nearly 70% of the seats have already been reserved and we expect to sell out well before the day of the event.
- Volunteer - There are many opportunities to volunteer for this event. We have both "at-home" volunteer work and volunteer opportunities the entire weekend of the event. If you are interested or have questions about volunteering, please contact Candice Aubuchon at email@example.com or keep your eye open for the Sign Up Genius link in the next Serradipity.
On behalf of the children who will benefit from your support in ways we cannot measure, thank you for your participation and your help with this year's luncheon. We look forward to seeing you there!
SCRIP REBATE PROGRAM
'Tis the season! Planning a party? Decorating? Looking for fun little gifts? Oriental Trading Company scrip cards are now available to order through our weekly order form, in $25 denomination and 9% rebate.
Did you know?
You can keep track of earnings by accessing your reports online.
Earn rebates even when school is closed
by enrolling in our online programs. Contact the Rebate Program office to set up your accounts.
For questions on any of the above, or to place a Scrip Order, contact Tina Maroutian, Rebate Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IN-N-OUT ORDERING IS NOW OPEN!
- January orders are now available until Thursday, December 13 by 3:00 p.m.
- Last Call - Annual orders (lunches for January - June) are now available until Thursday, December 13 by 3:00 p.m. This is the last chance to order annual orders.
- ORDER YOUR IN-N-OUT NOW!
VOLUNTEERING AT SJSC
- Looking for more ways to get involved? Want to meet new families or get ahead on your service hours? PTO events have a variety of options to fit your schedule. Visit our VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES webpage for updated information of volunteer needs!
- We are thankful for your gift of time. Be sure to RECORD YOUR SERVICE HOURS along the way. Once you record your minimum of 60 hours (including recess and lunch duty), be sure to keep recording them! We love to recognize those who go "above and beyond"...more details about a year-end Volunteer Recognition Event to follow soon.
- Questions? Contact Cristen Lebsack, PTO VP Volunteers, at email@example.com.
School pictures went home this week! If you have any questions regarding school pictures, please contact
Valerie Simonson at
Mike Gillmore Photography at
YEARBOOK DEDICATION AND SHOUT OUT ADS
Early Bird Deadline Approaching!
Take advantage of the EARLY BIRD discount by submitting your ad by Sunday,
November 25, 2018!
This date will be here before you know it! CLICK HERE to create and order your ad.
For more information on creating an ad, submission deadlines, ad size, and cost
, or contact Cindy Kennedy, Marketing Creative Director at
Every student deserves to be remembered!
REMEMBER TO CLIP BOX TOPS OVER THANKSGIVING!
Thank you to all of our St. Serra families who have been clipping box tops to help us earn extra cash for our school programs. With the Thanksgiving holiday upon us, keep an eye out for box tops on all those holiday fixings. Our school earns 10 cents for every box top...it all adds up! Our next incentive drawing will be in February. Visit the
BOX TOPS HOMEPAGE
for more details.
COMMUNITY PROGRAMS OF INTEREST
Santa Margarita High School Christmas Production
Santa Margarita Catholic High School's Performing Arts Department presents their annual Christmas Production, "A 1940s Christmas Homecoming," featuring students from all the performing arts classes, dance, theatre, choir, steel drums, orchestra, handbells and guitar ensembles.
Friday, November 30, 2018
Friday, November 30, 2018
Showtimes: 5:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. in the
Moiso Family Pavilion
Tickets: $20.00 Student/Child/Adult; Tickets can be purchased at the door or in advance at