Ft. Myers Metro-McGregor Kiwanis
PO Box 61104
Ft. Myers, FL 33906
(239) 940-3893 Club President
1-29-19 Committee Meeting & 5th Tuesday Social
Information meeting called to order by President Rachel Toomey. 14 in attendance. No 50/50 or sheriff today.
Background Screening; screens are valid for 2 years. You will receive an email notifying you of such and directions to be re-screened.
January 21st-Happy Birthday Kiwanis
104 years, improving the world, one child, one community at a time!
BUG Recognition at Orangewood Elementary on January 22nd.
130 children were recognized in front of teachers and peers.
L-R photo: Linda Petrik, Sarah Paiva, Curriculum Specialist, Angela Nader, Principal, Charlie Dodson, Barbara Hartman, Dorothy Dodson, Kim Berghs, John Klaas.
Oasis Reading Room-
(Stewart Ross). Weekly reading/mentoring is at Orangewood Elementary on Wednesdays (except on designated school holidays). Times are 1:50pm-2:30pm (you have two different youth during this time). Sign up with Stewart 507-304-1624 or email@example.com
MS Support Group-
(Bill Grant), meets 3rd Thursday of the month at St. Hilary Episcopal Church.
SLP's (Service Leadership Programs)
Aktion Club-(Karen Hurst) at LARC. Meets 2nd Tuesday at 8:30am.
FGCU. See Rachel or Lindsey.
Harris Segel) Collegiate High on FSW campus.
Barbara Hartman, Todd Adams, Ada Trapanese) Cypress Lake Middle School. Meets 1st and 3rd Wednesdays at 4:00pm. Builder's Club is collecting items for their annual "Puppy Love"
project, for the Gulf Coast Humane Society.
Kim Berghs) Littleton Elementary at 2:15pm on Wednesdays 1-2 times per month.
March of Dimes March for Babies Walk Saturday, April 27, 2019
We plan on organizing a team and Lindsey has invited clubs in our division to all come together for this event. Please ask your friends and colleagues.
March For Babies- Southwest Florida
Centennial Park, 2000 West First Street, Fort Myers, 33901
Start Time 9:00am, Registration Time: 8:00am, Walk distance: 3 miles (you can turn around whenever you want or help out in other ways if you don't want to walk
Team: Division 19 Kiwanis
To Register Visit:
- Click Join This Team
- You will need an email address to create an account
- You will receive an email confirmation that you joined the event
How To Register for March For Babies Event Online- Step By Step
- Open your web browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome etc)
- In the search bar type the link: https://www.marchforbabies.org/team/Division19Kiwanis
- Once on the home page- Click "JOIN THIS TEAM" purple box
- It will prompt you to enter your email address or sign up using Facebook or Google. Chose what best fits you.
- If you chose to sign up with an email address the next page will ask you to create an account by putting in your user name, a password etc. At the bottom click "CREATE ACCOUNT".
- You will also notice at the bottom right hand corner a purple box that says "Live Support ONLINE". You can use this if you need help.
- After creating an account- You will see "Event and team details".
- Verify the address showing is "SOUTHWEST FLORIDA Centennial Park, 200 West First Street, Fort Myers, FL 33901.
If this is not the address that shows up click "Change location" below the given address.
- On the right side you will see "Division 19 Kiwanis" as the team name and "Lindsey Lenhart" as the team captain.
- After you are done verifying the details click "CONTINUE" at the bottom of the page.
- You will be asked to "ENTER YOUR PERSONAL FUNDRAISING GOAL" - enter any amount and click "CONTINUE".
- In the next page you will have the opportunity to personally donate. If you don't want to do it then click "Not right now" in grey letters.
- After selecting your personal ties to the campaign, you will be able to see your account.
Committee Meetings Held Today
Fundraising had 6 members
Administration had 8 members
Kris Volpone, The Salvation Army. Also, check presentation to Heights Elementary
for club sponsored Sensory Room.
Kim Swanson, Lee County Sheriff Department (Scams and Fraud Prevention).
February 19th- Matt Wallace, Lee County Human & Veteran's Services (Homelessness in Lee County).
February 26th- LIsa Rizzo, Children's Advocacy Center (& check presentation)
Next Board meeting is February 12th at 6pm at Ada's.
February speaker chair-
Where/when we meet: 11:30am on Tuesdays at Shoeless Joe's in the Crowne Plaza, 13051 Bell Tower Drive, Fort Myers 33907
"Kiwanis is a global
organization of volunteers
dedicated to improving the
world, one child and one
community at a time."
President: Rachel Toomey
President-Elect: Lindsey Lenhart
Treasurer: Todd Adams
Secretary: Kim Berghs
Immediate Past President: Liz Ross
Governor Steve LeBlanc
President Florencio "Poly" Lat
Kids Need Kiwanis
with Ft. Myers Beach
Rayma C. Page-tba
April 5th at 12:45pm
April 8th at 9:15am
ICON (International Convention)
DCON (District Convention)
Please save year-round...
Aluminum pull tabs for K-Kids
for Ronald McDonald House during the school year.
for Builder's Club, give to Barbara Hartman year-round.