1. Whenever outsiders ask us, "How did you guys manage to create a state where almost everything is legal?" we look them dead in the eye and explain to them how our legislature only meets for 6 months every two years - therefore, there's only a narrow window in which things actually can be made illegal.
2. Nevada is one of seven U.S. states with no individual income tax. It doesn't collect corporate income tax or inventory tax, either.
3. With fewer than 10 inches of rain per year, Nevada is the driest state in the U.S.
4. Nevada's the seventh-largest state in size, and about 86 percent of its land is owned by the federal government.
5. Nevada's the only U.S. state to legalize prostitution, but only in the form of regulated brothels in counties with populations under 400,000. So, prostitution that occurs in bigger cities like Reno and Las Vegas is illegal.
6. Reno is farther west than Los Angeles.
7. The Nevada 2019 Legislature has a female majority, the first female-majority State Legislature in the history of the United States.