Jewish Summer Camp Grants
Jewish Endowment Foundation of Louisiana
Maximum grant amount $1,500!
To meet the criteria for JEF funding, children must be:
- First-time campers at a non-profit Jewish sleepaway camp like those named below. If your child’s camp is not on the approved list, it must provide JEF with proof of its nonprofit status;
- Currently in grades 1 through 9;
- Residents of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas or the Florida Panhandle.
NEW FOR 2021: Minimum $550 grant for up to ten campers!
Eligibility and Grant Guidelines:
- One parent must be Jewish AND the child(ren) must identify as Jewish.
- Residing full-time in Louisiana, outside of a major metropolitan area (including the Greater New Orleans and Greater Baton Rouge areas) for the past year.
- Entering grades one through 12 (after camp).
- Attending a nonprofit, Jewish sleepaway camp.
- One application must be submitted for each child.
- Child(ren) may re-apply every year he/she is eligible.
- Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Applications will be reviewed by a small group, including JEF staff, Board, and a representative of the Brooks family.
- Funds will be paid directly to the camp.
Deadline to apply for both grants is March 31st, 2021.
Please spread the word to anyone you know who might be interested!