A Long and Fruitful Partnership
For 105 of its 145 years, First Presbyterian Church of Bethlehem has been the chartering organization for a Boy Scout Troop, now known as Troop 302. This makes it the longest continuous sponsoring relationship of a Boy Scout troop in Bethlehem.
Below: From 1925, this document shows the renewal for "The First Presbyterian Church" for its original charter from November, 1916, for Veteran Troop No. 2. The national Boy Scout organization was incorporated in 1910, and is one of the rare groups to hold a U.S. Congress charter, made on June 15, 1916.
The names of the troop committee include J. Alton Seacrest, A.J. Willis, A.N. Brown, and T.R. Nivin; the scoutmaster was Edward E. Morris; and Howard M. Link was the assistant scoutmaster.