Police Blotter for September 30 - October 6
City of Shenandoah Police Calls and Activity
- Found property – 28600 block of IH45 – Suspected narcotics located at local motel. Items seized for destruction.
- Assault – 19300 block of David Memorial – Known suspect assaulted victim. Felony arrest warrant pending.
- Theft – 19100 block of IH45 – Unknown suspect stole approximately $428.00 worth of merchandise.
- Hit and Run Accident – Research @ Pinecroft – Victim’s vehicle was struck by unknown suspect driving a Nissan pickup.
- Narcotics – 28700 block of IH45 – A suspicious person call led officer to arrest a suspect for possession of marijuana.
- Death Investigation – Vision Park Boulevard.
- Recovery of Stolen License Plate – License Plate Reader (LPR) led to the recovery of a stolen license plate.
- Missing Person – Tamina @ David Memorial – A 79-year-old female with dementia wandered away from home but was recovered and returned home safely.
- Narcotics – 1100 block of Medical Plaza – A traffic stop led officers to discover drug paraphernalia in the vehicle. A citation was issued and the drug paraphernalia was seized.
Significant Outside Agency Calls
- Pursuit / Shots Fired – Montgomery PD and the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office attempted to stop a vehicle which led to a pursuit with shots fired at officers. The suspect fled the scene on foot leading to a 48-hour manhunt. The suspect was eventually captured by MCSO SWAT and arrested on multiple charges.
- Theft of Vehicle – Rayford Road – Unknown suspect(s) forced their way into the U-Haul rental and storage and stole a Ford F150.
- Burglary of a Building – 27000 IH45 – Unknown suspect(s) forced their way into Arlan’s Grocery and stole cash. The ATM safe was also targeted.
- Burglary of Vehicles – Research Park Apartments – Multiple vehicles burglarized.
- Escape – A female suspect was arrested for Driving While intoxicated and escaped from custody in the area of Budde Road and Nursery Road.