Police Blotter for July 29- August 4
City of Shenandoah Police Calls and Activity
- Motor Vehicle Theft – 1810 Wellman – During the investigation it was later determined that the vehicle had been towed and not stolen.
- Hit and Run Accident – Portofino Shopping Center – Victim’s vehicle was damaged while parked in the parking lot and the unknown driver did not leave any information.
- Driving While Intoxicated – Valero, IH45 - Officers were dispatched to a welfare check. After completing the investigation a driver was arrested and charged with DWI.
- Forgery – Lupe Tortilla – An employee received their last check, the check was then cashed for the amount. Then the same check was changed and the check was cashed again. This case is currently under investigation.
- Criminal Mischief – Mercantile Bank – Rear access door to the bank was damaged by unknown suspect(s).
- Burglary of a Vehicle – Days Inn – Window of a truck was broken and $6500.00 worth of tools, left in plain sight, were stolen.
- Hit and Run Accident – Memorial Hermann Hospital – Victim’s vehicle was damaged while parked in the parking lot and the unknown driver did not leave any information.
- Burglary of a Vehicle – Courtyard Marriott – Window on victim’s truck was broken out and a radar detector, left in plain sight, was stolen. Suspects arrested after a pursuit.
- Burglary of a Vehicle – Courtyard Marriott – Window on victim’s truck was broken out and multiple tools, left in plain sight, were stolen. Suspects arrested after a pursuit and all property was returned to the victim.
- Death Investigation – Medical Facility – Patient died, likely due to natural causes. Judge did not require an inquest.
- Recovery of stolen vehicle, Pursuit, Burglary of Motor Vehicle – Courtyard Marriott – Patrol officers were in the area looking for car burglars when a vehicle matching the suspect’s vehicle description was spotted. Officers attempted a traffic stop, but the suspects fled at high rate of speed. After a brief pursuit, the suspects stopped and were arrested. The vehicle they were in was reported stolen and the VIN# had already been changed. Suspects were charged with multiple charges.
- Hit and Run, False Report to Police Officers - Officers responded to a call in reference to a non-injury crash at 18446 IH 45. The accident took place on the southbound feeder road and the involved parties moved into the parking lot at 18484 IH 45. An investigation took place revealing that a male driver had fled the scene. A female occupant gave a false report to police and stated that she had been driving the vehicle. Two witnesses stated that a male was driving. The male was located and arrested for Failure to Stop and Give Information (FSGI). The female was arrested for false report.
- Injury to the Elderly – Commercial Area – 71-year-old was assaulted by a juvenile family member.
- Assault – Commercial Area – Local business owner assaulted by employee after he was terminated. This case is currently under investigation.
- Criminal Mischief – Portofino Shopping Center – 2003 GMC Sierra broken in to and steering column damaged, likely an attempted theft of a vehicle.
- Burglary of a Vehicle, Credit Card Abuse – Sam’s Club – Elderly victim at the Sam’s Club gas pumps, when a suspect entered her unsecured vehicle and stole her purse. The suspects were at The Woodlands Mall, using the victim’s credit cards, when they were approached by law enforcement. The suspects were arrested and taken in to custody. These appear to be the same suspects and vehicle description as a theft from two weeks ago at Sam’s Club, taking another victim's purse out of her vehicle while loading her items.
- Driving while Intoxicated – IH45 – A traffic stop lead to the arrest of a suspect for the offense of DWI.
Significant Outside Agency Calls
- Robbery / Carjacking – 9895 S.H. 242
- Aggravated Robbery / Aggravated Sexual Assault – Valleywood Drive
- Multiple Burglary of Motor Vehicles - South Montgomery County
- Aggravated Robbery – Walgreens, Sawdust.