COVID-19 Campus Protocols for Fall Quarter
Please review the campus protocols listed below:
- Face masks are self-supplied and must be worn in all circumstances where a six foot social distance cannot be maintained. This specifically includes all technique rooms; computer labs, Including HC10 and HC11; and any Gelardi Student Center study area or sitting area with two or more students. Additional rooms may be re-classified as necessary.
- Congregating, with or without masks, is NOT allowed in any area of campus buildings. Foot traffic must be moving at all times in hallways and common areas.
- Individuals can socialize outside as long as social distance guidelines are maintained or masks are being worn.
- All students must participate in disinfecting classrooms/workspaces at the end of each session. In-class faculty members will coordinate the disinfection process.
- All protocols for GSC study rooms and sitting areas must be adhered to at all times. It is the student’s responsibility to use them appropriately and to demonstrate social distancing. Masks are required if two or more individuals occupy any study or sitting room. Study spaces and sitting rooms must be properly sanitized with provided cleaning supplies when individuals finish using the spaces.
Most importantly – people who are sick, feel sick or think they may be sick must not come to campus. Keep instructors and department heads informed.
To clarifiy, masks are not required in the hallways as long as foot traffic is moving. If individuals stop in the hallway for any reason, social distancing must be maintained or a mask is required.
If the protocols are not followed, the college will be forced to take measures including, but not limited to, closing various buildings, requiring face masks at all times and other necessary actions to maintain everyone’s safety on campus. Please email Reopening Director Dr. Janice Higgins-Fordree with any questions or concerns.