TRAINING FOR THE “
Saturday December 7
Registration starts at 8:45 A.M.
Sessions run from 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Mt. Albert United Church, 41 Alice St, Mount Albert (north of Mt. Albert Rd)
$20.00 (includes a Pizza lunch)
What is covered?
what’s cool in the Cold
- how to dress for the cold on a budget.
feeding the furnace”
- what to eat and drink
are my fingers supposed to fall off like that?”
- How to prevent and treat winter injuries.
Is it morning yet?”
- How to sleep warm at night!
welcome to my Igloo”
- how to camp out for the night.
who’s fault is it, anyway?”
- Risk Management
and lots more!
Who can come?
– This is open to Scouters and mature senior section youth members.
What to bring?
– A notebook, an open mind and your twenty bucks!
Will I be inside or out?
- This is an indoor session, however we will step outside at times so dress for the weather.
Will I get a chance to try this outdoors?
– We run this early in the year so you have time to practice your skills before the other Area/Council winter camps. A really good chance for you to try out your skills is at the SLS Winter “Lune-icey” camp January 11/12, 2020. More details on Dec 7
Phone: (905) 775 9245
Deadline for registration is Dec 3, 2019