Thank you for your continued partnership during this time. We have worked with our staff on a safe and efficient way to distribute student belongings and 5K t-shirts. Below, you will find information about protocols for the
pick up days of May 23 and May 26
followed by the sign up form where you will choose one time per family.
Protocols for Pick Up of Student Belongings & 5K T-Shirts
Out of respect and regard for the health and safety of all Baker community members, please read through the following guidelines before signing up for an appointment time to pick-up your child’s belongings and 5K T-shirt. Please note that all locker, gym locker and class cubby belongings will be packed and bagged by our Baker team prior to the scheduled pick up dates. We appreciate your cooperation and assistance with adhering to these protocols in consideration of the health and safety of all members of the school community during this time.
- Please sign up by Monday, May 18 for one pick up time slot per family on May 23 or 26.
- All vehicle occupants should wear a cloth mask or bandana to cover their nose and mouth upon arriving in the parking lot for your pick-up appointment time.
- Place a sign or placard with your child/ren’s last name, first name, current grade level(s), teacher-or-advisor name(s) printed and clearly displayed on the right side of your vehicle windshield.
- You only need to make 1 sign per family.
- If you would like to use a template, click here.
- When you arrive in the parking lot, a staff member will direct you to your pre-determined pick up spot where your bag(s) will be waiting.
- In order to maintain six feet of distance, staff will not be placing items inside your car.
- Please designate 1 adult to retrieve your child/ren’s Baker bag(s) with their belongings and 5K t-shirt(s).
- Children and pets should remain inside of vehicles at all times.
- After you have picked-up your items, please exit the parking lot to keep the schedule and flow of traffic moving. Keep in mind, we have nearly 200 families for scheduled pick-up times.
- If you plan to ride a bike or walk to school for your pick-up time - please sign up for your pick-up time AND email us in advance at email@example.com for specific details for pick-up for walkers and bikers. We encourage the use of cars if possible.
- At all times, families and staff are to maintain the 6ft distance for the pick-up process.
- Building access will not be permitted on pick-up day. Please do not gather with other families in the parking lot, playgrounds or field area.
- Please note that it will not be possible for staff to collect all student materials, as many are scattered throughout the building and not clearly labeled for each student.
- There will be additional times in June for Chromebook and library book drop off. Please do not use the May pick-up time to drop off Chromebooks or other Baker property.
- Please do not clear and dispose of items in the dumpsters. Trash pick up has been cancelled while the building is temporarily closed.
Sign Up Here
Thank you for your help and cooperation!
We are grateful for your care and cooperation in following the protocols above. We know how difficult it will be to come to Baker and not be able to hug one another and socialize but we appreciate your help in keeping our community safe. We miss you and cannot wait to be together in-person again.