Silicon Valley Strong Small Business Grant Program
Dear Business Owner, Manager, Representative:
Silicon Valley Strong
Small Business Grant Program
will accept applications on
Monday, May 11,
beginning at 2pm
through Sunday, May 17th, 11:59pm
. The grant program will provide working capital grants of $10,000 to eligible small businesses in San Jose that have suffered financial loss due to the COVID-19 crisis. Examples of what the grant can be used for include payroll, rent, and other overheads. The fund is anticipated to make 142 grants in total.
, a Non-Profit Financial Institution, will be responsible for managing the fund. To be eligible to apply, businesses must meet
of the following criteria:
- A business must be located in the city of San Jose.
- The business owner must be a resident in Santa Clara County.
- Business owner must have a low or moderate-income below 80% of the Area Median Income. Please review this prior to applying.
- The business must have five employees (full-time equivalent) or fewer.
- The business must have existed prior to January 31, 2020.
- The business must have experienced approximately 25% loss of income due to COVID-19.
Priority is given to:
- Essential businesses as defined by Santa Clara County public health order.
- Businesses complying with the City’s two-week paid sick leave requirements and have experienced cash-flow problems as a result.
Please note: Businesses that are franchises, chains, or that limit their services to those over the age of 18 are not eligible.
Due to the short deadline to apply, this is an online application process only. Please read through the
Frequently Asked Questions
on the Opportunity Fund website, before you
With best wishes for your health and the success of your business,
Office of Economic Development Team