Automatic Bulk Loading System
High Speed Filling of Dry, Dusty Materials
into Enclosed Vehicles
Imagine loading, hands free, between 150 to 400 trucks in a 24 hour period. That's what Hanson Permanente Cement in Cupertino, California achieved using three fully automated bulk cement truck loading systems. DCL's operator free system can load both semi-trucks and tandem trailers in less than 6 minutes from the start of truck entry until the truck exits the scale.
|DCL - SmartLoader™ Automated Loading
Their fully automatic, unattended bulk loading stations use DCL's SmartLoader™ technology. Here is how it works.
If similar truck trailers are used in the same loadout station, dual direction positioners can reduce costs.
- The top of the truck is scanned when it enters the station.
- When the open hatch is detected, a traffic light signals the driver to stop.
- The vision system takes the final hatch coordinates and adjusts the loading spout positioner, centering the spout to the hatch.
- The spout is lowered into the hatch once the scale has captured the vehicle tare weight.
- When the filling cycle is complete, the spout raises.
- The traffic signal and exit gate allow the driver to exit the station.
Using a hands free, automatic loading system has a number of advantages;
- Reduce Loading Time: No more moving trucks back and forth to line up with loading spouts. The system automatically locates the open hatch and adjusts the loading spout accordingly.
- More Customer Friendly: Drivers enter the loadout area and are automatically loaded without assistance and without getting out of their trucks.
- Increased Safety: Keeping drivers in their trucks makes the loading operation safer.
- Save Money: Automatic systems speed up productivity.
To read the complete case study of Hanson Permanente Cement Bulk Loadout Automation, click here.