The Sisterhood News -
Hands On! Sisterhood Membership Dinner: NOV 1st TBC @6:45 PM
Sisterhood members or new TBC members are treated to a catered supper with favors. Take some time to hang out with your Temple friends and have a girls' night out.
Irresistible raffle items will be available!
Sisterhood Book Group: NOV 4th
TBC @7:30 PM
A Bride for One Night: Talmud Tales by Ruth Calderon
This is a surprising and provocative read, both for anyone already intimate with the Talmud and for anyone interested in one of the most influential works of Jewish literature. Calderon offers a fascinating window into some of the liveliest and most colorful stories in the Talmud. She rewrites Talmudic tales as richly imagined fictions, drawing us into the lives of such characters as the woman who risks her life for a sister suspected of adultery; a humble schoolteacher who rescues his village from drought; and a wife who dresses as a prostitute to seduce her pious husband in their garden.
SHOP SMART TO DO GOOD, Nov.14th: A Sisterhood Fundraiser!
WHAT IS SHOP SMART, DO GOOD? IT'S A FUNDRAISING DAY!
* A special all-day shopping event hosted by
Lord & Taylor in Stamford in support of local non-profit organizations
Shop Smart, Do Good event day features the best discounts of the season, local entertainment, gifts with purchase and fun activities.
* Each ticket is priced at $5.00 and is used when you shop
at Lord and Taylor on Nov 14, 2015. (You may pre-shop for a week before, put items on hold and pick up your items on Nov 14th.)
* You receive in each ticket book:
- TWO (2) 25% off single-item coupons to be used on regular-priced or sale items (Each savings book has two of these, buy more books at $5 each to get more 25% off coupons for your purchases) **
- ONE (1) 15% off savings pass that can be used throughout the day on all purchases, including cosmetics and fragrances **
Extra savings apply when opening (15%) or using (10%) a Lord & Taylor credit card **
**Some exclusions apply. (See your savings ticket book for details)
Tickets may be purchased at the Sisterhood Dinner, Book Group and by contacting Gladys O'Neil at