As you know, in response to the most recent mandates declared by Governor Pritzker, at this time we are not able to open for recreational camping until after May 31st.
We thank you for all your kind words of support, knowing that this is out of our control since we are considered a non-essential business. Since the delay of our opening on April 15th, we have had many seasonal campers request to have access to their units to inspect them and make sure they came through winter storage okay. We had hope of opening by May 1st, but since the Governor's announcement last Thursday we have been discussing how to move forward, while keeping our staff and camper's health the utmost priority. We believe we have come up with a good plan for allowing you, our seasonal campers, short-term access to your units, while keeping everyone as safe as possible and keeping within state mandates.
We have decided to set up shifts to allow a limited number of families in the park at a time. Each shift will only allow a certain number of campsites to be occupied at a time in each section. You will be able to sign up for a 3-hour time slot through Sign-Up genius (Instructions below.)
In order for this to work, we have some rules that we will have to ask everyone to follow.
- 2 Adults maximum per site per visit
- No children
- You must stay at your own campsite
- No gathering with other campers
- No campfires
- Bag any leaves and leave them at the edge of your campsite
- No fishing
- No moving boats to the storage area by the lake
- No golf cart driving around the campground
- All playgrounds, the dog park and the beach area are closed
- You must sign in and sign out at the gatehouse
- Please do not show up unexpectedly or without being within your scheduled time. This is a controlled admission and you will not be allowed in.
All buildings are closed which include the store/office, bathrooms and trailer sales.
If you see any of our maintenance team working in the park, please refrain from approaching them for their safety and yours. If you have a work order to place, email
, or call us at 847-546-2228 and we will add it to the list.
This whole situation is obviously unprecedented and trust us when we say we can't wait to get back to normalcy. We hope that giving you this opportunity will ease some anxieties as well as just give you some time to be out in the fresh air at a place you love.
We thank everyone for your patience and support. We are praying this situation will be behind us sooner than later and that you all keep safe and healthy until we can be together again.
Randy, Y.C., Desiree, Christi and the Fish Lake Staff
How to sign up to check on your trailer:
The following time slots will be available to choose from depending on which section of the campground you camp in. If you have the ability to come on a weekday and can leave the weekend spots open for those whose job situations may only allow them to come on weekends, it would be appreciated.
Friday, May 1 8:00-11:00 a.m. and 12:00-3:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 2 8:00-11:00 a.m. ,12:00-3:00 p.m. and 4:00-7:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 3 8:00-11:00 a.m. ,12:00-3:00 p.m. and 4:00-7:00 p.m.
Monday, May 4 8:00-11:00 a.m. and 12:00-3:00 p.m.
Friday, May 8 8:00-11:00 a.m. and 12:00-3:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 9 8:00-11:00 a.m. ,12:00-3:00 p.m. and 4:00-7:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 10 8:00-11:00 a.m. ,12:00-3:00 p.m. and 4:00-7:00 p.m.
Monday, May 11 8:00-11:00 a.m. and 12:00-3:00 p.m.
How to use Sign Up Genius:
- Click this link: Sign Up Genius
- Certain campground sections are listed under each time slot. In most cases they are listed under more than one. Find a time slot with you section that works for you and click on the box that says "Sign up" and then again at the bottom where it says "Submit and Sign Up"
- Fill in your contact information including name, email address, phone number, phone type and campsite number
- Click on "Sign up Now!"
- You will get a confirmation email with a date and time reminder. Please do not sign up for more than one slot in the two week period. We will have to remove you from the schedule. You can change or cancel your time slot through links in the confirmation email.
We will see you soon!