Pierce Skate and Ski - Platinum Sponsor
Pierce Skate and Ski was founded by Walter Pierce in 1936 as a family-owned business called "Trading Post's Skate Exchange" at 9th and Marquette in Minneapolis. In 1946 a new building was constructed at 3701 Nicollet Ave South in Minneapolis. John and Barbara Pierce decided to diversify into ski equipment and clothing and changed the name to "Pierce Skate & Ski" in 1965. Unfortunately, the shop burned to the ground in 1974, prompting John and Barbara to relocate to 9801 Nicollet Ave in Bloomington. In 1981, Pierce Skate and Ski moved to their current location at 208 West 98th St. in Bloomington......