After 20 straight days of publishing this email, we are going to take a break over the weekend. If anything of urgency happens we will issue an email. Back at it on Monday. Enjoy the weekend.
Reminders: All previous bulletins and other resources listed at
. Resource requests from our community institutions listed at the end of this bulletin. Send any questions to
Become an Approved SBA 7a Lender
Paycheck Protection Program
is only available at approved SBA 7a lenders. While most banks in the Greater Peoria area are approved lenders, some smaller banks -- often in more rural communities -- are not. SBA has created a fast track process for banks and credit unions to become approved for this program. More information
ShelfLove Helps Small Businesses Reduce Inventory
Pekin native and Eureka College graduate
and her team have created an on-line platform for small businesses to get their products into the hands of consumers across the country. Shop owners looking for quick ways to sell their products online and/or to reach a bigger audience, should investigate ShelfLove. It’s a new marketplace launching for shoppers to purchase products sitting in closed up shops. Businesses can create listings instantly right from a smartphone or computer, get a link to share with audiences without having to build an online store, and push listings to thousands of shoppers across the country looking to support small businesses. When orders come in, businesses reach out to the customer and ship right directly. More information at
Free Resources for Small Businesses
A growing number of companies are offering their online tools, classes, and resources at no cost in response to the impact on small-business owners from the coronavirus.
magazine is curating and continuously updating a list
Blood Donors Needed
Nationally, and here in our region, the blood supply is being adversely impacted by the outbreak of COVID-19. In some places, elective surgery is already being cancelled for blood availability. Businesses are urging employees to work from home, while most other activities have been cancelled. The pandemic is having a significant impact on participation in blood drives. COVID-19 presents no known risk to the safety of the nation’s blood supply, only the adequacy of the supply at this time. Individuals are not at risk of contracting COVID-19 from donating blood. For more information on donating click
If you are healthy… please consider donating!
- Community Foundation of Central Illinois: Requesting monetary donations for the Central Illinois Disaster Recovery Fund. Information https://communityfoundationci.org/. Morton Chamber & EDC addition: The Morton Community Foundation has also announced a Morton Area Disaster Relief Fund for organizations serving those affected by COVID-19. Donations are being matched to up to $10,000. Donate here.
- UnityPoint Health: UnityPoint is seeking personal protective equipment (PPE) and other medical supplies. They are als in search of medical personnel to help them prepare in the event that there is an influx of sick patients. Information here.
- OSF Healthcare: OSF seeking personal protective equipment (PPE), ventilators and other supplies. Information here.
- Peoria Innovation Alliance: PIA is gathering the maker community to discuss ways individuals and small companies can make supplies like masks. Information here.
- Heartland Health Services: Seeking personal protective equipment, medical supplies, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes unopened. More information here.
- Morton Chamber & EDC addition: Community Harvest and Midwest Food Bank are soliciting monetary donations to help support the influx of requests for food. Visit their sites for more info.
Chief Executive Officer
Greater Peoria Economic Development Council