Snow Emergency Update
The City of Kingston declared a snow emergency, which went into effect today, Wednesday, February 7th at 9:00am.
That snow emergency and the related parking restrictions remain in effect until 3:00pm on Thursday, February 8th.
- Today (Wednesday, February 7th), all vehicles may only be parked at an off-street location or on the odd side of the street. Vehicles should remain on the odd side of the street overnight.
- Tomorrow (Thursday, February 8th) at 7:00am, all vehicles must be moved to the even side of the street.
Reminder: the "odd side" or "even side" of a street is determined by the house numbers on that street. An "odd day" or "even day" is determined by the calendar date.
Vehicles not in compliance with these parking restrictions may be ticketed and towed.
Vehicles must be moved, regardless of whether or not the weather has improved or the street looks clear.
Please be aware that municipal lots may be posted in the coming days and temporarily closed in order for the Department of Public Works to clear them.
Trash Pick Up
Refuse and recycling will be picked up as scheduled.
Meeting Cancellations for Wednesday Evening
The Community Development Block Grant Public Hearing scheduled for this evening has been postponed until tomorrow (Thursday, February 8th) at 6:00pm at City Hall in the Council Chambers.
Citibus services will remain suspended for the remainder of Wednesday. Once road conditions are assessed on Thursday morning, an update on Citibus services will be available at
and on the City's Facebook page.
Parking Ticket Appeals Process
For individuals who believe they were wrongly issued a parking ticket, the City of Kingston does have an appeals process. You can begin this process at:
If you do not have internet access, you may come to City Hall, located at 420 Broadway, and use the kiosk located in the Comptroller's Office. If needed, staff are available to assist you.
Important Contact Information
- In case of emergency, call 911.
- For a snow-related service request or to report hazardous road conditions during a snow emergency, call 845-338-2114 for immediate assistance.
- If your car has been towed, call the Kingston Police Department at 331-1671.
Don't forget to shovel your sidewalks and keep them clear!
Your cooperation during snow emergencies is both greatly appreciated and necessary in order for us to be successful in our joint efforts of ensuring safety and accessibility on our City streets.