SNOW RESOURCES FROM FAIRFAX COUNTY
For Snow Updates:
VDOT owns the majority of roads in Fairfax County and they are in charge of plowing them.
To report hazardous road conditions, call VDOT’s Customer Service Center at 1-800-367-7623 or visit online.
Road conditions can be tracked here and you can track VDOT's plows here.
- VDOT asks that drivers carefully monitor weather reports for shifts in conditions and make plans now to avoid Wednesday travel.
Dominion: Report a power outage online here or call 1-866-366-4357.
NOVEC: Report a power outage online here or call 703-335-0500.
- Verizon: 1-800-837-4966
- Cox: 703-378-8422
- Washington Gas Emergency: 844-927-4427
If you see someone who is unsheltered and you think they are at risk of hypothermia, call the County’s non-emergency police phone number: 703-691-2131.
Check on Neighbors!
If you can, check on neighbors who are older or may be disabled, to make sure they are OK and have adequate food and heat.
Safe Driving Tips from Fairfax County Police Department:
- Make sure your vehicle is ready for winter driving by checking lights, brakes, tires, etc.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full to prevent the gas line from freezing.
- If you have to go out, please clear snow and ice from your vehicle before driving.
- Check your route for road closures and unsafe conditions.
- Allow for plenty of time to reach your destination at a slower speed than usual.
- Give yourself extra space behind other cars, do not tailgate.
- When in doubt, stay home!
- If you do go out and find yourself in need of our help, please call our non-emergency line at 703-691-2131 or 911 if appropriate.
Watch Snow Shoveling Tips: