Dear Business Representatives,
On May 18, we sent a message communicating that the County of Santa Clara issued a updated Shelter-in-Place
that allows some retail businesses to open for curbside/outdoor pickup and manufacturing, logistics, and warehouses supporting retail may reopen, subject to social distancing protocols and related requirements. The businesses allowed to reopen under the new Order are explained in
. The updated Order also makes important changes to the Social Distancing Protocol (
Appendix A to the Order
) requirements for all operating businesses.
The following is a summary of the new Social Distancing Protocol. Businesses allowed to operate under this Order:
· Must complete a Social Distancing Protocol (Protocol) using the new template or update their Protocols to incorporate the new requirements. A copy of the Protocol must be distributed to all employees.
· Must print and post in a prominent place near the entrance to the businesses (1)
a COVID-19 PREPARED Sign
and (2) a
Social Distancing Protocol Visitor Information Sheet
. Both the Sign and Visitor Information Sheet can be found in Appendix A.
· Must post signage required in the Protocol to educate customers about health and safety requirements. Sign templates are available on the County’s website.
· Must place a sign at the door that informs all personnel and customers that they should not enter if they have COVID-19 Symptoms, must maintain 6-feet from one another, and must sneeze and cough into a cloth or tissue.
· Must prepare and maintain a list of employees that received the protocol and associated training required in Appendix A.
This new Order will go into effect at 12:01 am on Friday, May 22, and will remain in effect until the Health Order amends or rescinds it. COVID-19 continues to pose a very significant risk to the Milpitas community, therefore we must all continue to adhere to shelter-in-place restrictions and guidelines regarding social distancing to ensure that we continue to experience progress.
In community spirit,
Economic Development Director
455 E. Calaveras Blvd., Milpitas CA 95035