Due to the school closure this past spring, we were unable to administer the CoGat test to 2nd graders. The CoGat test is the instrument that Socrates Academy uses for admission to the AIG program. Therefore, we have scheduled 3 dates when we will administer the test to 3rd graders.
August 19 (Wed.) 3:00-5:15
August 22 (Sat.) 10:00-12:15
August 29 (Sat.) 10:00-12:15
You may choose 1 date that works for you and reply to:
The CoGat is a nationally recognized test for purposes of identifying gifted learners. It consists of 9 parts. The Cognitive Abilities Test™ (CogAT®), the most widely used and trusted abilities test, makes it all happen. CogAT measures abilities across the symbol systems that are most highly correlated with fluid reasoning, problem solving, and success in school. With its separate measures of Verbal, Quantitative, and Nonverbal reasoning, this research-based and proven test provides multiple perspectives on student ability across grades K–12.
SAFETY PROTOCOLS WILL BE FOLLOWED
- Scholars must wear a mask and will sanitize their hands upon entering the building.
- Temperatures will be taken.
- No parents will be admitted. We will meet your scholars at the door of the Middle School Building.
Scholars should bring 2 sharpened pencils and a bottle of water. (Fountains are closed.)
- Scholars will have a break after the second test.
- Dress comfortably and bring a sweater in case it is needed.