2019-20 Town of Kent budget and Region 1 school budget and Streetscape
- May 3 at 7 p.m.. This is a budget hearing only and a vote will not happen. Click VOTE logo for budget
- May 3 following the Budget Hearing a Town Meeting to be adjourned to a referendum vote on a bond resolution for the Streetscape project. See info below.
- May 7 - 12- 8 p.m at Kent Town Hall Region 1 Education budget referendum.
- May 16 - 12- 8 p.m at Kent Town Hall - Referendum vote on Streetscape Bond Resolution. See below for more info.
- May 17 at 7 p.m. Town Budget vote.
Click on VOTE logo to see the full proposed Town budgets
The Kent Streetscape Project- an update
Click on Town logo above for full resolution and Absentee Ballots will be available Monday April 29th. Information and Application
Any questions please call Town Clerk at 860-927-3433
The Kent Streetscape Project is on hold right now awaiting a May 3 meeting to authorize a referendum vote on May 16 from 12-8 p.m. at Town Hall
· This referendum vote is your opportunity to formally weigh in on whether the Streetscape Project is something you want the Town to spend money on.
· The referendum vote is YES or NO on a funding resolution, not on materials,scope of project,etc.
· If the resolution passes, it allows the Town to contract for the creation of a
. Up until now, all discussion has been about a concept, not a plan.
take between five and six months to complete and about half way through the process decisions regarding materials and scope of project need to be finalized.
· At least one additional Town Meeting will be convened to secure final taxpayer approval of the
before the project is put out to bid.
· This process has been compared to getting pre-approved for financing before purchasing a house. If you see it and don't like it then no sidewalks and only a nominal amount will have been expended.
· A YES vote on the bond resolution will allow us to get
to bring to you with all the details including construction materials and scope of project.
Birch Hill Recovery Center LLC approved by the State
After many months, the State Department of Public Health has granted a Certificate of Need to the Birch Hill Recovery Center LLC to operate a drug and alcohol rehab facility in the building formerly known as The Kent. 15 conditions were attached to the approval, on top of the 20 attached to the Kent P&Z approval in 2017.
Birch Hill hopes to be operational in 2020.
The Kent Transfer Station
- The annual shredding date has been changed from April 27 to May 25 due to a scheduling issue. This is a free event with no limits, but please bring only things that need to be shredded.
- Annual Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off is set for June 1 in Falls Village. Must pre register at Kent Town Hall in the Selectman's office. More info in the May newsletter.