A TREASURE HUNT FOR SOUNDS
Explore your home, garage and yard for
things that make sound
- Try a wine Glass rimmed with water for a high pitched sound.
- Find a box and stretch rubber bands around it for a 'string instrument'.
- Look around the kitchen for wooden spoons as drum mallets.
- Use a 5 gallon water bottle turned upside down for a drum.
- Experiment with a grater and metal spoon to play like a washboard.
- Go outside and look for solid sticks to hit together for rhythm.
- Explore the sound of two rocks connecting
What else can you find? What else can you think of?
Now, put the sounds together to make a SOUNDSCAPE.
If there are other's in your household it is fun to create a