Winter is Coming! Consider the following tips to help you prepare for the winter season, save energy and avoid complaints:
* Have a qualified technician test, clean and adjust your heating equipment.
* Perform routine maintenance recommended by the manufacturer in your owner's manuals. This typically includes replacing dirty air filters; cleaning blower coils and heat exchanger surfaces; and adjusting belt drives, dampers valves and linkages.
* Check thermostat accuracy.
* Identify and repair leaky or disconnected ducts.
* Caulk cracks around windows, doors and other openings.
* Use Building data to check if pre-heat is coming on too early (how much time does it take to reach set point?)
* Track weather data as well as climate data to anticipate morning recovery time
* Open shades and blinds to take advantage of solar heating
* Use either your BAS or individual data loggers to check that thermostat set points meet the room requirements
* Install occupancy sensors to turn off lights when room is not being used.
* Consider using LED holiday lights only