A few parents have asked me about the end of this season and start of next season. Here is a brief rundown:
- Last Southern practice for the Summer: TONIGHT.
- Registration for 2019-2020 season: Tuesday, Aug 27, 5:30-7 p.m. at Southern.
- During registration, you will fill out the required paperwork for the upcoming season.
- We hope to have a tentative meet schedule on this day, too.
- First day of Southern practice for 2019-2020 season: Tuesday, Sept. 3.
Although Southern will not have any practices during August, I will send out workout templates swimmers can use to build their own practice sets should they choose to swim over break (which I encourage!). Expect to see those templates early next week.
Practice times at Southern for the 2019-2020 season are:
- Varsity*: 3:45-5:30 p.m.
- Novice: 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Advance: 6:30-8 p.m.
All practices are Monday through Friday. Swimmers are expected to be on deck 15 minutes before the start time listed above for dryland warmup exercises.
*Varsity is exclusively for high school-age swimmers and requires coach permission to participate.
Please contact me
if you have any questions regarding this practice schedule or the swim group you child will be in. If you have questions regarding fees and/or Y membership, please contact
, the Southern Branch director of membership and aquatics. Erin may be reached via
or by calling the Southern Branch at 717-235-0446.
Thank you for a great 2018-2019 season! I'm looking forward to seeing all our swimmers continue their growth and development next year.
Have a wonderful summer!
- Coach Kyle