I cut a spaghetti squash yesterday to make spaghetti squash lasagna and started to throw out the seeds and then it hit me...Why am I throwing these out?
I looked up a few things online and found a cool website with different ideas for flavor. The website is linked at the bottom of the newsletter.
How to prepare your seeds:
Get a colander and separate seeds from pulp under cold water until seeds are free. Put seeds on a plate to dry before coating with oil and seasoning to cook.
Cooking your seeds (mine were Spaghetti squash):
- Preheat oven to 350 (but keep your eye on them as some people would rather a lower temp)
- Coat dry seeds with a little oil (make sure you can control your drizzle), salt, pepper and we tried fennel seeds on some. I loved the fennel seeds on the roasted seeds but I am the only one in my family that did.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put seeds on a single layer to cook.
- Cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until you hear your seeds begin to pop. You can check them before 15 minutes to toss them around as well.
- Take them out of the oven and sprinkle some more salt on if desired and...We do DESIRE this step at our house.