This Announcement provides additional information to child care programs participating in Child Care Works and the Early Learning Resource Centers (ELRC) in response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). This is an updated policy, providing additional information and replaces ELRC Announcement 20 #08.
This Announcement also focuses on the clarification of payments for Pennsylvania’s child care subsidy program, Child Care Works (CCW), for the period of July 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020.
Effective July 1, 2020, CCW payments will continue to child care providers, with the exception of the following:
- Providers who have been closed by Certification due to a negative sanction.
- Providers who have reported permanent closure.
- Providers who serve school-age only children and are closed for the summer.
In most cases the ELRC is not terminating CCW eligibility for families during the COVID-19 pandemic, however, there are some instances where eligibility must end. During the COVID-19 pandemic, adverse actions will continue to occur for the following circumstance:
- Over income
- Loss of appeal
- Child turns 13
- Family moves out of Pennsylvania
- Family assets over $1 million
- Intentional fraud
- TANF cases determined ineligible by the County Assistance Office
- Not meeting the work requirements at redetermination, if a parent/caretaker has a job to return to but chooses not to return to work.
- Delinquent Copayment for families whose children are attending child care, but are delinquent in paying the copayment.
Providers who are open should continue to report to the ELRC delinquent copayments for families whose children are attending care but are not paying the required copayment. Beginning July 1, 2020, the ELRC will send families Adverse Action notices for delinquent copayment.