To our valued BFCC Stakeholders,
We want to ensure you that KEPRO is taking steps to ensure continuity of our operations through this challenging time for our healthcare system. We have plans in place to continue to serve the Medicare beneficiary population as we do each day in a seamless manner.
The health and safety of our KEPRO staff and the individuals we serve is our utmost priority. With the recent news regarding the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we recognize there is some concern from our clients. Therefore, we want to highlight some of the actions we are taking to mitigate risks to our employees, our business, and our clients.
Standard Precautions: We are following the established CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of illness. While this is normal practice, we have taken the following additional steps:
- Encouraging social distancing (e.g. no handshakes)
- Reminding staff and visitors of cough etiquette and hand washing
- Increasing routine cleaning of our offices with disinfectant
Continuity of Operations: We are validating and updating our contingency plans across the enterprise, including:
- Work remote capabilities, where appropriate
- Validating the redundancy of our essential contractors and vendors
- Monitoring local, state and federal guidelines and travel restrictions
Client Coordination: Our operations team will reach out to each client to coordinate any additional specific actions that may need to occur, including:
- Upcoming meetings or training sessions
- Implementation of pre-visit screening questions to identify at-risk individuals or home environments
KEPRO is actively monitoring the situation and will augment our response as needed.