The Montgomery County Board of Commissioners is making available
$10,000,000 in economic development funds
to provide grants to eligible small businesses for Round 3 of the
MontcoStrong Small Business Grant Program.
To prepare for Round 3, please read the
updated program guidelines,
Please read the guidelines and
Round 3 FAQ's.
Applications will be accepted beginning at 10 a.m. on Thursday, July 16, 2020 and the application window will close at approximately Noon p.m. on Friday, July 17, 2020.
- Businesses that received a Round 1 or Round 2 MontcoStrong Small Business Grant may not apply in Round 3.
- Applicants from Round 1 and/or Round 2 that did not receive funding must apply again for consideration in Round 3; applications from prior rounds do not automatically carry over.
- Subcontractors and/or 1099 employees should not be included in the employee count.
- Eligible applicants may not be a publicly traded company.
- Non-profit organizations may not apply. 501(c)(3) organizations are not eligible for this program due to the scope of the federal CARES Act as it relates to providing small business assistance. Also, per the CARES Act, as other 501(c) organizations are involved in lobbying activities and/or are supported primarily by member dues, rather than by sales of products or services, they are not eligible for funding through this program because the funding is sourced from the federal government.
To apply when the application window is open, complete the application form. The online application is not available prior to
10am on Thursday, July 16th, 2020
. The required application information and documentation details can be found in the program guidelines.
For information on eligibility and criteria, please use the link below.