Time and time again, I am wowed by what is being done in Rochester and the greater Finger Lakes Region. As a Rochester native, I am continuously proud to call this place home. We are all so very fortunate to be part of a health ecosystem that is progressive, collaborative, creative, and patient focused. Repeatedly, I am witness to the coming together of community stakeholders to solve problems and enrich the lives of our citizens, our patients, each other. Without this collaboration, Rochester RHIO would not be where we are today.
Shout out to all who made the following possible!
To date, we have:
- Added 294 community-based organizations using RHIO services; 51 are contributing data.
- Added 12 county public health departments sending deceased indicators for timlier notitications to community partners.
- Published the Community Health Indicators Report, a population health study which compiled over 600,000 patient screenings from 2017.
- Completed 940 site visits already this year in at least 15 different counties.
In the last three months alone, Rochester RHIO has added over
new data sources in our ongoing effort to provide an ever-broader clinical picture of a patient’s health. By working within our community partners to increase data sharing among and between regulated facilities like nursing homes, home health agencies, ambulatory diagnostic treatment centers, and hospices, we have influenced the wellbeing of our community by helping our partners provide better care.
As we reluctantly say farewell to summer 2019 and look to the future, we acknowledge the benefits of these invaluable partnerships with all of you. Coming soon this harvest season, Rochester RHIO plans to bring to the community:
- Expansion of utilization reports available to our end users
- A streamlined fee schedule
- Expansion of available data in the patient community record from continued growth in Article 28 Nursing Homes, Diagnostic Treatment Centers, Article 36 Home health agencies, & Article 40 Hospices
- Expansion of cross-sector data and increased connectivity with counties (e.g., jail systems & death notifications)
- Increased data contribution from new vendors & document delivery to new vendors
We are grateful to you, our partners, and the Rochester RHIO team for the hard work and dedication that makes better patient care possible in our community.
Thank you for your continued support of our endeavors,