“Adult Education has a rich 150-year history in our region, but until now has still been considered the ‘best-kept secret.’” To unveil our best kept secret, California Adult Education, the CAEP Technical Assistance Project (TAP) commissioned the Sacramento News and Review (SN&R) to tell the admirable stories of our adult learners and practitioners. The purpose of the publications is to showcase how adult learners have overcome adversity and accomplished their educational goals in a statewide system designed to meet them where they are and support their unique circumstances, all while contributing to the California economic engine. The “Pathways for Everyone” publications highlight programs from the Greater Sacramento, Bay Area and Los Angeles regions.
The regional publications cover the following:
- Student journeys to and through California Adult Education.
- The history of Adult Education in California.
- Statistics on why we need Adult Education in California.
- The seven-step student Adult Education journey.
- Regional statistics on language ability, languages spoken at home, adult education enrollment levels and gains, and more.
- The practitioners’ perspective.
- A list of all regional consortia.
- And much, much MORE.
Click on the below link to access and download each publication. Additionally, share the publications with colleagues.