Dear Beloved in Christ:
When I last communicated with you, I shared that things are changing fast in respect to the state of the COVID-19 pandemic and continue to change daily.
Over the past few days, your staff and Board of Directors have been in close communication with me, thinking through and implementing a protocol based on our desire to keep everyone safe, as well as reducing any spread of this virus.
Therefore, effective 20 March 2020, and to protect the most vulnerable among us, and based on recommendations from the CDC, as well as our local health officials. The following has been put in place, along with what you can do as we move forward:
- Continue to prayer for your pastor, staff, board of directors, and most of all one another.
- All in-person worship scheduled for 22 March, 29 March, and 1 April, have been cancelled. We will therefore record my sermon including scripture for that week, which will be accessible on-line through our YouTube, Facebook and Web page. These videos will be available on the morning of each of these originally scheduled service dates. We will reassess worship on 1 April to determine how we will proceed in the weeks ahead.
- As of now, we are prayerful that we will be able to have in-person worship for Palm Sunday, as well as Easter Sunday. In the event this is not the case, our plan is to LIVESTREAM these services. We will get you information on how to be connected to worship on these days should that happen.
- All programming, such as Prayer & Praise Wednesday, Theology-on-Tap, POZ Spirit and TRANS*MKE will be suspended until it is safe to reconvene in person.
- Our Congregational Care Team is available and will provide care via telephone or email. If you have a care need, prayer or praise request, you can contact the church office (414-383-1100) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave a message with your information, if you need someone to contact you back, as well as leaving us your prayer or praise request. The weekly Prayer & Praise email will continue to go out each Wednesday morning.
As a Community of Faith, please support your church financially. We need your faithfulness now more than ever so that we can sustain things during our physical absence.
Bills still need to be paid, yours, as well as ours.
There are several ways you can support the church financially:
- You can go to our PayPal link at: https://www.paypal.com/fundraiser/charity/2384667
- Sign up for Bill Pay with your financial institution and set up a recurring gift to the church.
- Send your financial gift via Check or Credit Card payment by mail to the church at: Milwaukee MCC, 1239 West Mineral Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204
- We are still moving forward with our Lenten 40 Day Challenge! We encourage you to continue and prayerfully be a part of this challenge. We will receive this special gift on Palm Sunday, if we are able to in person. If not, we ask that you either drop them by the church and place them through the mail slot, or you can send your check or credit card payment to us through the mail or via the PayPal link above.
- Easter Lily and Flower Orders are still being received. If you’d still like to dedicate flowers in honor or memory of a loved one, I have included that form as well in this letter. You can complete the form and send it back to the church prior to 8 April 2020.
Knowing that these are unprecedented times in each of our lives, please be assured that we are doing everything we can to ensure that all gets back to normal soon.
Please know that you are loved and held in prayer, not only by me, but each staff and member of our board of directors.
Please leave me a message at the church or email me at email@example.com if you have any further concerns.
I look forward to seeing each of you in person once again in the very near future. Know that we will get through this together!
Blessings to each of you!
Reverend Tory V. Topjian