TKF Professional Development Award
D E A D L I N E A U G U S T 3 1, 2 0 1 6!
Professional Development Award for emerging professional woodworkers:
$2,500 will be awarded to an emerging
fine woodworking professional to assist
that person as an artist-in-residence, or as a
visiting scholar at a nationally recognized
woodworking school or craft center.
- The award may be used for any residency that begins no later than December 31, 2017.
- Applications for the award will be accepted until August 31, 2016.
- If you, or any of your colleagues, would like to be considered for this award, please submit your application by email by the August 31, 2016 deadline to:
Linda Turner, TKF Treasurer
2. A minimum of 4 years of experience as a woodworking professional.
3. Statement of Purpose, i.e. what do you hope to accomplish during your residency and how will it assist you in achieving your long term goals as a professional woodworker (1 page maximum).
4. Brief financial summary justifying the need for financial assistance.
5. A minimum of one, and preferably two Letters of Recommendation that address the applicant's skill level and commitment to the woodworking profession.
6. Digital photographs of at least 3 woodworking projects or pieces of furniture that demonstrate the skill level and craftsmanship of the applicant.
1. Demonstrated Craftsmanship/Talent - 30%
2. Relevance of Residency to Professional Goals - 30%
3. Financial Need - 25%
4. Letter(s) of Recommendation - 15%