The market for beauty products grew during the great recession; and the last recession helped to spur growth in the nail color and care category as women tightened spending and turned to more at-home nail care options.
For most women, when they look at cutting their budgets, cosmetics aren’t the first thing to go. At the same time, with the “self-quarantines”, people are looking for mini luxury items – to make themselves feel better. With salons and malls closing, demand is extremely high for beauty items, gourmet food mixes, kitchen items and supplies of that nature. Many of these items are ideally sold through direct sales.
There are huge opportunities here!
For those looking for new ways to make money, direct sales companies offer great opportunities to generate income. These companies include Mary Kay, Avon, Pampered Chef, Scentsy and Herbalife, to name a few.
For those already selling directly, now is the time to ramp up your sales.
1. Call current customers to check in on them. Ask them to refer someone that might be interested in your products.
2. Email your customers with specials.
3. Text them pictures of new products or items you think they might like.
4. You may not be able to hand-deliver the goods to them right now, but you can mail their orders to them.
5. Add a special touch, to continue to be “remembered and referred.”
6. Utilize your Facebook page or website to generate sales. If you don’t have a website, now might be a great time to set one up.