Originally constructed in 1888, the building housed the offices of Hemphill & Morse Real Estate, Loans & Investments. A second story was added in 1907, during which time a mural for the company on an exterior wall was plastered over. During the restoration, the mural was rediscovered, beautifully restored and incorporated into the interior design for the new Urth Caffe. This was just one of the many hidden treasures that were discovered during the restoration process. In addition, remnants of the storefronts were uncovered and historic photographs were used to restore them to their original design.