|Before you tune in to any of our sessions or explore the virtual event app or website, we suggest you watch our quick, 5-minute introductory welcome video. Learn how to navigate your way through Skin of Color Update Virtual 2020!|
|Accessing the Virtual Event Platform|
|You can access the Skin of Color Update Virtual 2020 event via a website or a mobile app. The website will provide you with a more detailed, full-screen experience, while the mobile app is great for tuning into sessions on the go, while . |
|We suggest using the website to join the event for the first time. |
|IMPORTANT: Use this option to join the event for the first time|
- Go to https://ve.attendify.com/index/pq58uc/to1ejli/
- Enter the email you used for conference registration or contact Luciana if you have not registered yet.
- If you are creating a new account, please complete your profile. If you already have an account, don't forget to update and fill out your profile after you log in. Click your name in the top right corner of the screen, and then select "Edit Profile."
You profile is your tool to network with faculty and fellow attendees. It is very important that your profile is complete to enhance your virtual experience!
- Tune in to sessions, browse presentations, speakers, exhibitors and more! As a reminder, live sessions begin at 10:00 AM ET on Saturday, September 12th.
|Join the Event Mobile App|
|IMPORTANT: While the app is great for on-the-go viewing, the website (above) will offer the best attendee experience.|
- Navigate to your device’s app store (Apple App Store or Google Play)
- Search for SanovaWorks Events and download the app.
- Open the app and log in with the email and password you created above.
- Click the Skin of Color Update Virtual 2020 event and click "Join".
- Tune in to sessions, browse presentations, speakers, exhibitors and more!
|Issues with Joining the Event?|
|Contact email@example.com for help with your account. We will respond within 1 business day.|
|**New Sessions Now Available**|
|Skin of Color Update Virtual Workshop Week is an opportunity to attend relevant, cutting edge sessions after the SOCUV weekend concludes. Each day, during the week of September 14 - 18, we will hold a live virtual workshop that is complimentary and open to all US practitioners. |
|Please note, pre-registration is required. Registration links will be provided on the site as they become available.|
|Questions for our Faculty|
|To submit your questions to our faculty, please CLICK HERE.|
|If we are not able to get to your question during the Live Q&A sessions, we will try to collect answers from faculty after the conference and post them on the event "Activity Feed". Check back frequently after the conference concludes to see if your question has been answered on the Activity Feed. |
|You can also check www.NextStepsinDerm.com for summaries of all lectures and recaps of the Live Q&A sessions.|
|T-Shirt Fundraiser Project|
|The mission of Skin of Color Update, to provide trending, evidence-based research and new practical pearls for treating Fitzpatrick skin types III-VI, is now more important than ever. To continue our mission and support the skin of color community, we have partnered with Comprehensive Medical Mentoring Program, a non for profit organization dedicated to Matriculating Minorities into Medicine.|
CMMP was created to provide minority students with experiences that foster successful matriculation into health-professional schools – through a pipeline of mentorship from minority health-professional students, residents in training, attending physicians, and an array of other healthcare professionals.
|The t-shirt art was designed by Deja Brown, who provided the following artist statement about the piece: “I really wanted to find a way to connect to people of color while creating a piece of art that everyone could connect to as well. As a woman of color, I always try to find ways to connect and bridge with others through my art. Hair and skin is something that I always connected to, so I was thrilled to get to share my passion with others!” All profits from t-shirt sales are sent to Comprehensive Medical Mentoring Program|